What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Myrsol mania!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I’ve got antisol. I like it ok. Not great. But good face feel. I sniff tested the entire line back in the before times in a brick and mortar store and wasn’t in love with any of them really especially at the price point. Lemon I found particularly bad.

I’ve got antisol. I like it ok. Not great. But good face feel. I sniff tested the entire line back in the before times in a brick and mortar store and wasn’t in love with any of them really especially at the price point. Lemon I found particularly bad.
I recently bought a bottle of the lemon and am going back and forth on whether I like it or whether it's heading to the BST. It smells mostly like Lemonheads candy to my nose.

I like Antesol and bought a 1 L. bottle of it back in the day when you could get aftershaves shipped from Europe to the U.S.

I bought some Myrsol samplers during the recent Maggard's sale - Blue, Balsamic and Plastic. I'm going through them using Mitchell's Wool Fat soap so as to have a neutral soap scent.

I tried Plastic today and it smelled like Children's Tylenol to me - that sweet "cherry" medicinal flavor. In fact I had a moment after dispensing it where I couldn't lift my hands to my face because my brain was locked in a thought of "Am I about to spread Children's Tylenol on my face?" I'm fairly certain I will not be finishing this sample.

Blue, on the other hand, smelled much better to me. I plan on using that tomorrow. I can see this pairing well with Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool.

I agree that Balsamic smells like herbs - I mean, the scent notes ARE rosemary and thyme - but I actually like that.
I suggest you hang in there with Plastic Shave. It’s an acquired taste for most. Initially I hated it and found it synthetic and nauseating, today it is my favorite aftershave, not only Myrsol.
The scent is subtle and the face feel is really the best together with Antesol in Myrsol’s line. I love that Myrsol products don’t have glycerin so there’s no sticky feeling

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I recently bought a bottle of the lemon and am going back and forth on whether I like it or whether it's heading to the BST. It smells mostly like Lemonheads candy to my nose.

I like Antesol and bought a 1 L. bottle of it back in the day when you could get aftershaves shipped from Europe to the U.S.
The bottle is the best aftershave package ever.

Went Blue this morning. Now that one I like. I can see a full bottle of that in my cart once I finish up a few other soap/AS sets first.

The bottle is the best aftershave package ever.
I don’t want to start any false rumor, but Gifts & Care has recently changed all the images from Myrsol aftershaves from the carved glass to a new design. Not sure if they are getting discontinued, any confirmation from a knowledgeable person would be great

I don’t want to start any false rumor, but Gifts & Care has recently changed all the images from Myrsol aftershaves from the carved glass to a new design. Not sure if they are getting discontinued, any confirmation from a knowledgeable person would be great
Hi,

It seems that this is a temporary change on the bottle design. I have read that the usual manufacturer has closed the business and now Myrsol has been forced to find another bottle producer using the iconic design. In the meantime, Myrsol uses these bottles that you have seen.

Bye!

Hi,

It seems that this is a temporary change on the bottle design. I have read that the usual manufacturer has closed the business and now Myrsol has been forced to find another bottle producer using the iconic design. In the meantime, Myrsol uses these bottles that you have seen.

Bye!
Really hoping they go back to the old bottle design! So far I haven't seen any signs of them switching back..

Top Bottom