What's new

Myrsol mania!

I used the last favorite on my list today , it just smells too " synthetic " , but it's still a decent aftershave .
IMG_1456.JPG

OK, here is another Myrsol question:

I recently "discovered" Myrsol ANTESOL -- it has quickly developed into another favourite of mine.

But here is the thing:
I first got a hold of a 180 ml bottle, and fell in love.
Then horder instinct kicked in, and I ordered a 1000 ml bottle (true bargain), with a different vendor.

To my surprise however, the scent of these two bottles turned out not to be identical.
The 180 ml bottle has what I would describe as a "citrus-like" scent. This accords with what others have said of the scent of Antesol.
the 1000 ml bottle on the other hand, has a dominant scent of (to my nose) - cloves.. .! Yes, Christmas pudding.
The vendor (Gifts&Care) has generously offered me a full refund, but insists that such "variation" between batches is quite normal for an artisan product line like the Myrsols.

Still, Citrus in one batch, Cloves in another ... this is more than mere "variation" if you ask me. I call it a screw-up on Myrsol's part. (I never cared for cloves in my aftershave, and so generally stay well clear of bay rums).

But then, scent is a subjective thing. And so I ask my fellow Myrsol-maniacs here:

__ Have any of you experienced such major "variation" in the scent within the same Myrsol line (e.g. between one bottle of Antesol and another, one bottle of F/X and another , etc) ..?

__ Do anyone here find that the Antesol aftershave has a clove-like scent ..?
Or, how would you describe the scent of Antesol ..?

Strangely, I find the long-term scent (bottom note) of the two Antesol's more similar -- the best way I can describe the "feel" I experience of Antesol here (why I love it) is something like, "the humidity in the air an early summer morning in a Mediterranean or tropical port city". Still, there is some lingering too of respectively citrus/cloves

What are your thoughts .. Antesol lovers in particular, and Myrsol Maniacs more generally ...?

Last edited:
I have two bottles of Antesol, bought at different times and they smell the same to me.

There is a prominent clove note in both to my nose, but it is well balanced with the citrus. To be fair, though, I don't love Antesol for the scent, it is nice enough and doesn't last long on me, the reason it is my favourite aftershave is the face feel; it really is exceptional.

Top Bottom