What's new

Mylar Bags for Tobacco Storage

The bags don’t stack nicely like jars, so at the end of the day they are strewn about the shelves or haphazardly piled into boxes. I’m still torn in which is better. I guess for guys like us either way storage is a challenge whether in jars or bags.

My mind was thinking about shoebox size totes. And labeling at the top, placing them in the tote like a card catalog and one could scroll through the top and grab what they wanted.

As for the reusing of the bags, they’re so cheap I wouldn’t bother. Which is another gain on jars. Once you’ve emptied one (something I’ve yet to achieve haha) you can toss it in the dishwasher or do a 50/50 vinegar soak and fill it back up.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
My mind was thinking about shoebox size totes. And labeling at the top, placing them in the tote like a card catalog and one could scroll through the top and grab what they wanted.

I was thinking about a series of dry storage bins on shelves to store tobacco bags. Almost like a file cabinet, or the old time general store setups.

But I like your idea better.

There’s lots of creative ways to organize these bags. Things we glass jar collectors can’t do.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
My wife has this really cool card catalog. Thinking I’ll get some Mylar bags and have a neat set-up to thumb through and pick out what I want to smoke that day. Store them alphabetically by blend type?

ED8B6387-5A9A-4685-9917-95F2D730F777.jpeg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
My wife has this really cool card catalog. Thinking I’ll get some Mylar bags and have a neat set-up to thumb through and pick out what I want to smoke that day. Store them alphabetically by blend type?

View attachment 1217082

Ha, I just asked my wife if I can have the old Catalog and she said she’s more likely to give me up than her “sewing catalog.” Guess I’m sticking with Jars. 😀

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Ha, I just asked my wife if I can have the old Catalog and she said she’s more likely to give me up than her “sewing catalog.” Guess I’m sticking with Jars. 😀

I guess it would be like her asking you to give up all your jars so she can make pickles and tomato sauce.;)

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I guess it would be like her asking you to give up all your jars so she can make pickles and tomato sauce.;)
That’s not so bad. I’ve smoked a couple ‘holiday blends’ over the years that probably tasted worse than pickles and tomato sauce.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
It’s a good think I do all the canning/preserving around here. I buy the jars and I can do whatever I want to with them.

As long as my wife says it’s ok.

Top Bottom