What's new

mycarver to the rescue...

Some of you may remember my first restoration post a few months back. In that set of three brushes was a really cool Ever-Ready with a marble green base and a yellowish-butterscotch top ring. While removing the original knot and cleaning up the top ring I broke it into 3 pieces. I managed to glue it back together but since then it continued to crack and fracture until it looked really bad. I like the yellowish top on the marble green base, so rather than discard the brush I "spoke" with mycarver from the forum about re-creating the upper ring with a custom mix of material. I've seen some of his work posted here so I knew his talents.

He agreed to do it and would show me colors mixed. It turned out that he had a small piece from a previous job that he thought was a match. He sent me photos including one that had a piece from the original top ring held against the new material. Here are 3 photos; a before, a color match and the finished product:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Outstanding work, it arrived home today. It's nicer in "person". I think I have another project for Mark.

I strongly recommend him.

Mike

Here are some photos showing the before with the stock I poured matching the color of the top, breaking down the brush and saving the knot, the new top section I turned with a chip from the old top, the recess in the new top and how it fits on to the old base section and finished .

Attachments

• $IMG_8450.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 151
  • $IMG_8458.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 151
Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor...that is one gorgeous brush! Congrats to ezmike and mycarver for a job well done!

I must say after reading the description I didn't think it sounded too good... Old yellow and green brush?

But after scrolling down and seeing the picture. I think not having the photo in the original post accentuated the anticipation. WOW! And it's nicer in person. Nice job gentleman nice nice job!

Thanks guys, but Mark did all the work. All I did was wreck the brush in the first place. :blushing:

Mike

Top Bottom