What's new

My wife lovingly thinks I'm nuts over my growing collection!! How about you?

Nope. No strangers in my home, thanks.
I was just giving you an idea of how to get rid of that stuff.
Anything I've ever sold on Craigslist hasn't required anyone to come to my home. Police stations now have online transaction meeting points. You both agree to go there for the transaction and you park at the designated parking spots. Some people also use other meeting points like inside a Starbucks or something of the sort.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I never did reply to that "Nauseated" thread.... I don't get why people can't live and let live. None of us have exactly the same financial situation. We're not rich but we do love to use our disposable income for the things we enjoy. I don't look down on those less fortunate than ourselves... or envy those in a better financial situation that we are. I actually enjoy it when someone with less money finds a bargain razor and loves it... or when someone with more available cash buys a Rocnel Sailor.... and I'm being serious. I think both are cool.

I find the condescension troubling.... it destroys ones inner peace. In my own life.... contentment is that for which I strive. Enjoying life to its fullest. Life continues to throw curves our way... the only thing we can control is how we approach them.
Bud, I am so incredibly over all that stuff that I don't allow it to fit anywhere in my life!
The key: Don't watch the news and live your life freely as it was meant to be lived!
I stopped watching the news last November and we got rid of live TV months ago now.

Our quality of life has improved exponentially. I listen to music while I’m here and now that things are semi-normal now, we’re out and about more.

I was just giving you an idea of how to get rid of that stuff.
Anything I've ever sold on Craigslist hasn't required anyone to come to my home. Police stations now have online transaction meeting points. You both agree to go there for the transaction and you park at the designated parking spots. Some people also use other meeting points like inside a Starbucks or something of the sort.
I appreciate the suggestion and there are a couple of other venues but I think I'm gonna die and let my kids deal with it. If I sell it, they end up with the money anyway. Let them earn it!

I appreciate the suggestion and there are a couple of other venues but I think I'm gonna die and let my kids deal with it. If I sell it, they end up with the money anyway. Let them earn it!
No one cares about me now. Who will care about me then? I'll be dead, so it no longer matters.

Bud, I am so incredibly over all that stuff that I don't allow it to fit anywhere in my life!
The key: Don't watch the news and live your life freely as it was meant to be lived!

We got rid of regular tv a long time ago, just have stuff like Hulu and Hallmark channel (for wife and MIL).

We’re a lot happier without it.

As far as my wife’s attitude towards my recent acquisitions, she said that perhaps we should be a bit more frugal going forward. (I’ve not explained that only the Feather AC SR came out of our bank account). I’m saving that fact in case I need it in the near future (Blackbird $$).

I was questioning buying soap but someone mentioned that it really is a hobby. That really hit home. And truthful.
We all have hobbies and with this one instead of just looking at stuff sitting on a shelf like some hobbies, I can use them.
It can get out of hand as all hobbies might tend to.
Just keep a level head.

Top Bottom