What's new

My wife lovingly thinks I'm nuts over my growing collection!! How about you?

Married 43 years and that's been my take on things from day one and long before. Save for large purchases where we need some common ground, she buys what she wants, I buy what I want. Money hasn't been an issue for us. She had a career, I had a career. We have joint accounts and, obviously, separate retirement accounts. Life is so much easier for us than so many who live lives of quiet desperation doing what they're told by outsiders and wokeism.
Yep I have it very similar to CCS. We respect each other and ofc big purchases are mutual decision but other then that my money are mine and her money are hers.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
So my wife cleaned our bathroom today while I was at work. I had like 10 razors out on my side of the countertop (we have double sinks) on top of a microfiber towel along with my bowl, cream and a couple of brushes. And of course some extras like alum block & after shaves.
She moved all my stuff in order to clean everything and replaced the towel with a new clean one and organized everything exactly how I had it. When I got home, I thanked her for the way she always does that with the utmost care.
She told me: "While I was cleaning your side today, I realized that my husband has gone nuts!"🤣
Now, I'm a person that has a couple of hobbies. I've also played music my whole life (I collect drums) besides the razors, so my wife is undoubtedly the most supportive person possible with every single idea that I've come up with. She basically feels that as long as it's something wholesome and it doesn't make us go broke, it's all good!
Of course her "nuts" reference was told in a loving and funny way where we were both laughing about it!
I intelligently seized the moment in order to introduce her to all my shaving gear and pointed out certain features & meanings behind this hobby that we love so much. i.e., Birth year razor, finishes, manufacturers, years etc..
I think it was wonderful because even though she looked genuinely puzzled, at least she could get a sense of how important this hobby has become for me. So I think it was a good thing even though it all might be perceived as a little nutty. The other good part is that now she wont ignore the growing number of razors anymore and wonder!

What's your story with your significant other on what they think about all of this?
After 35 years together, my Lovely Bride arrived at the conclusion that I'm out of my mind a looooooong time ago. ;) 🤣

I got her a gigantic wardrobe with place for oodles of shoes and clothing and a gigantic mirror.

We are renovating the bathroom soon (tm) and maybe I will get some more brushes and soap when I have more space with new furniture. 😎

My wife uses a totally cheap TTO for her legs, this almost causes me physical pain.

My wife complained that the Gillette Slim she was using didn’t work for her.

Zero complaints since I switched her to a Henson mild.

How many pairs of shoes & matching purses & accessories does she have? It may be time to man up, shut it & go back for a few hours in the closet ...

Hi,

My shaving stuff has slowly been shrinking as I pass things on to other people. But she never really noticed. Actually, she comnes home from craft fairs with artisan shaving soap, so she's Part Of The Problem. She also had me pick up a few Lady razors so she had a little collection of her own. She settled on the Lady Gillette and then she passed the other ones on.

What happens around here is she has a huge collection of arts and crafts stuff and I have a huge collection of radios. My ham hobby dates back to 1969 when I was 8 years old. I leveraged that into professional radio and decades of being in research and development. My cell phone collection of units I was R&D on is larger than most shaving gear collections around here. Add in the 2-way, broadcast and ham gear and it has its own building to house it all. A true Ham Shack as it were:p

Stan - W2CK

Hi,

My shaving stuff has slowly been shrinking as I pass things on to other people. But she never really noticed. Actually, she comnes home from craft fairs with artisan shaving soap, so she's Part Of The Problem. She also had me pick up a few Lady razors so she had a little collection of her own. She settled on the Lady Gillette and then she passed the other ones on.

What happens around here is she has a huge collection of arts and crafts stuff and I have a huge collection of radios. My ham hobby dates back to 1969 when I was 8 years old. I leveraged that into professional radio and decades of being in research and development. My cell phone collection of units I was R&D on is larger than most shaving gear collections around here. Add in the 2-way, broadcast and ham gear and it has its own building to house it all. A true Ham Shack as it were:p

Stan - W2CK
Sounds like an impasse. Maybe you BOTH need to spend time (together) in that closet ...

As I've given this some thought, that she doesn't say anything is pretty amazing. I think I said earlier that, other than large purchases, like when we were fighting over the jet, we both earn, finished raising kids, and, within reason, spend what we choose to. The thing is, she seems to be interested in games on her phone and watching podcasts all day supporting some through Patreon. On the other hand, I guess I'm the girl with a too large wardrobe, too many cameras, guns, knives vehicles, audio gear, books, and, um, shaving gear but at least I'm nowhere near as nuts as some of you guys so I got that going for me. I mean, 10 razors, soon to be 8 brushes, and 15 or so soaps and creams. Oh, and about 1000 blades. :D

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have three outgoing today..... two of them come back replated.. and one is for a trade.. so 3 out.. 3 back.. Still, my razor collection is small.... 3 Claymore Eovlutions, each with a different handle... 2 British Flat Bottom Techs and 1 British Raised Flat Bottom Long Comb OC razor.

My wife rolls her eyes at my brush collection. <eg>

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wives are right more often than they are wrong.
This, perfectly stated! Though on the things that REALLY matter, like games of trivial knowledge for instance, I am korreck MUCH more often than she...
My wife thought I was nuts before I started wet shaving. My slowly growing collection of razors, blades, soaps and brushes are not helping my case at all.
We are SO MUCH alike my friend.

I truly pity your wife! Lol, she threatens me (lovingly?) at least daily with a pillow over my face while I'm asleep....

Hi,

Stan - W2CK
Having your wife as part of the problem, is a wonderful thing!🤣

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes, but shouldn’t you have replaced your name with mine? 😜😂

FYI, I traded my Timeless bronze for a copper Karve and bought the used Yates and a Feather Artist Club SR.

If we’re keeping score, I will have (by the end of the week, I think):

Four total DEs
Two single edge razors (Feather AC SR and OneBlade Core)
Two boar brushes, one (crappy) badger

……I forgot where I was going with this
You have obviously been hanging out with me too much. I NEVER know where I'm going...

Top Bottom