What's new

My wife is so kind! I’m so loyal to this place!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Jason, your wife is lovely and has a great sense of humor to boot! The third picture (the stern scowl) is brilliant.

Happy Birthday.
Here's a pic of what I let my lovely bride do yesterday: a friend got a button buck and gave us the carcass!

I usually don't let her handle knives unless she's chained to the oven, but I was getting tired just watching her werk so hard, so I let her have some fresh air. True story doggone!

Edit! Or idiot? Posts that don't make sense are my specialty!

Here's the lovely bride, in her element:
IMG_20221011_144929785_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic of what I let my lovely bride do yesterday: a friend got a button buck and gave us the carcass!

I usually don't let her handle knives unless she's chained to the oven, but I was getting tired just watching her werk so hard, so I let her have some fresh air. True story doggone!

View attachment 1538773
I love this, it remindes me of the farm and all the good memories during this time the year. Gonna be some good eating that lil one will be!!! Oh and Happy birthday @JasonJT may you have a good day today. Really enjoying your pictures of you two, lookin very happy :)

FarmerTan

@JasonJT : this is the look I've been getting for around 35 years. Impossible to believe that MUCH time has passed.
IMG_20221013_175206171_PORTRAIT~2.jpg

I undoubtedly said something stupid, since it's my Spiritual Gift......or her cross to bear? If you look closely, it looks to me like she's KINDA trying not to smile.

On the occasions where I buy YET ONE MORE VINTAGE AVON AFTERSHAVE OR COLOGNE, I cannot detect even the hint of a smile. Not even close. A couple times she has even CRIED at my hoarding, er, KOLLECTING tendencies! But, trying to make her more like her Savior, I just keep buying so she has something to pray for. And yes, she is quite possibly the most blessed, er, nice person you will ever meet!

FarmerTan

I love this, it remindes me of the farm and all the good memories during this time the year. Gonna be some good eating that lil one will be!!! Oh and Happy birthday @JasonJT may you have a good day today. Really enjoying your pictures of you two, lookin very happy :)
My "ungentlemanly" Farmer daze are behind me, but I sure miss my Dad here on the old homestead. Farming was in his blood, for generations. Sorry @JasonJT for highjacking your thread, but you remind me of family my friend. And it looks like you are like me: married to a woman that you don't deserve!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
On the occasions where I buy YET ONE MORE VINTAGE AVON AFTERSHAVE OR COLOGNE, I cannot detect even the hint of a smile. Not even close. A couple times she has even CRIED at my hoarding, er, KOLLECTING tendencies!
I excitedly showed my missus my Newly acquired Muhle R89 Rose Gold yesterday. As she inspected it she gave a look of perplexed exasperation.

She is either crying at the beauty of your collection, or the sight of yet another stick of Arko

View attachment 1538773
Was that an intentional or accidental harvest of the button buck?
Understanding, that from a distance, they can look like a doe.
Happy eating!!

FarmerTan

Was that an intentional or accidental harvest of the button buck?
Understanding, that from a distance, they can look like a doe.
Happy eating!!
It was intentional, I believe. He's already filled 4 tags of the 6 he purchased. This year in Michigan we can get unlimited does! Just $20 a tag after the first one.

I won't say anything (in print, lol) against the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, but the mild winters up here, the lack of hunters, and a no baiting most of the time has REALLY caused a population explosion here. I see deer in the bean fields in the summer numbering in the dozens in a 40 acre field. Multiply that by MILES of farmland and you can understand why I call 'em long legged rats!

It was intentional, I believe. He's already filled 4 tags of the 6 he purchased. This year in Michigan we can get unlimited does! Just $20 a tag after the first one.

I won't say anything (in print, lol) against the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, but the mild winters up here, the lack of hunters, and a no baiting most of the time has REALLY caused a population explosion here. I see deer in the bean fields in the summer numbering in the dozens in a 40 acre field. Multiply that by MILES of farmland and you can understand why I call 'em long legged rats!
A sportsman's paradise for one of the best Michiganites around (besides you, Dave) Mr. Ted Nugent!

Top Bottom