What's new

My wife is looking for a whole-bean light roast...

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Can you good folks make some suggestions? She will do the research on your posts. Thanks in advance.

This year there are some very good (mild smooth) small farm microlot offerings from Peru. The harvest is over so they will not be available much longer. I bought 20 pounds of green/un-roasted a few months ago and next year I am considering a full sack (140 pounds). It will be the only coffee I will roast if I can source that much.

I believe Dave still has some he is roasting.

Is she looking for a online supplier of roasted coffee?..supermarket brand? Or some suggestions of a specific coffee origin? If the later she should really try as many as possible, especially a few different African as well as South and Central American coffees.

JCarr

Is she looking for a online supplier of roasted coffee?..supermarket brand? Or some suggestions of a specific coffee origin? If the later she should really try as many as possible, especially a few different African as well as South and Central American coffees.

Thanks for the reply. She's actually in the process of trying a few roasted single source.

Has she considered roasting her own? It isn't too expensive to get into and you can get great results while roasting for the flavors she likes best.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JCarr

Has she considered roasting her own? It isn't too expensive to get into and you can get great results while roasting for the flavors she likes best.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't think she would be interested at getting into at that level...as easy as it may be. Thanks for all of the suggestions though. Good stuff!

Hello. This doesn't answer your question directly, but I think your wife might really enjoy the Roast and Reason podcast series by Andrew Boyer. He does a great job of talking about the history of coffee and what you can expect from different coffees around the world. He also can't help but insert his favorite shops, here and there, in addition to devoting a podcast or two just on this topic. Anyway, speaking from the perspective of someone who has roasted his own beans at home for many years and who is now a burgeoning micro-roaster, himself, I can highly recommend this series. A very informative listen for layperson, and professional, alike.

JCarr

Hello. This doesn't answer your question directly, but I think your wife might really enjoy the Roast and Reason podcast series by Andrew Boyer. He does a great job of talking about the history of coffee and what you can expect from different coffees around the world. He also can't help but insert his favorite shops, here and there, in addition to devoting a podcast or two just on this topic. Anyway, speaking from the perspective of someone who has roasted his own beans at home for many years and who is now a burgeoning micro-roaster, himself, I can highly recommend this series. A very informative listen for layperson, and professional, alike.

I'll put her on to it!

Thank so much!

Top Bottom