What's new

My Wet Shaving Journey

I recently got the OC to add to the SB. To be honest, I found the OV to have too much blade feel and to be too aggressive for me. It felt very different than the SB. Maybe I’ll try a different blade in it and see if it softens it up. I was surprised, given how perfect I find the SB to be.

42 is my favorite. Nordost is my second favorite, and maybe better for cooler weather. Not looking for anything else. Although I’ll try what’s new from B&M as long as they have samples in Omnibus.
Yes it is an entirely different animal. From the first pass I could instantly feel way more blade. I would call this an aggressive but smooth razor. I used an Astra SP in it for what its worth. Timeless seems to work well with those blades. I too was quite surprised at how different it felt. I expected it to be more efficient but not to feel that different in blade feel.

Nordost is great too. Anything Omnibus is great.

Razor: Timeless Ti Slim OC
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: AKA Brushworx Iceberg G5c
Bowl: Captains Choice Obsidian Bowl
Soap: B & M Cool Puck
Aftershave: B & M Cool Aftershave
87BCA5AE-BD89-4D7F-AED3-F8DB3503EBB6.jpeg

So I have enough shaves under my best with the OC to feel like I can begin to comment on it. First off it is incredibly efficient. Effortless BBS. From 24 hours growth to 4 days growth, it doesn't care. The flip side is it does come at a cost. There is substantially more blade feel than the SB. But yet somehow it still maintains a smooth as butter feel..... as long as you get the angle right. It took me 2-3 shaves to figure out the angle and it is less forgiving than the SB in angle. Once you find that right angle, which for me is very steep, like keep the handle as close to your face as possible, it is as smooth as butter and the blade feel diminishes and does not feel menacing. So this is a game of angles with this razor, and a light touch. I think this razor excels in titanium just for the light touch. I love this razor. It makes me pay attention when I shave to get things right. And when you do, the shave is just amazing in quality. I sit here about 10 hours after my shave and my face feels close to what it does right after I shave with the SB. It will keep you on your toes, but its so worth it.

My love of Omnibus continues. This is a great scent. Reminiscent of what an old barbershop might smell like. Its hard to describe, but all the notes are in there. They blend together really well and its just smells clean and cool. I love the G5c knot. Probably top 2 knots for synthetics. It has more scrub and backbone and sometimes when I want softer I prefer the Timberwolf. Those two are my favorites. I think even people who only love badgers would like this knot. Its the closest synthetic to a badger I have tried.

Top Bottom