What's new

My Wet shaving club "The Winning razor" arrived today. (And my Lupo DE as well)

Another two to try besides my "Winning" razor and the Lupo DE!
My first adjustables that should arrive by next week. I ordered the Parker
Variant yesterday and the Pearl Flexi (latest version) tonight.

The Parker:

Variant.jpg

The Pearl:

Pearl.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Another two to try besides my "Winning" razor and the Lupo DE!
My first adjustables that should arrive by next week. I ordered the Parker
Variant yesterday and the Pearl Flexi (latest version) tonight.

The Parker:

View attachment 1434596

The Pearl:

View attachment 1434597
Ignorant question: how do you know it's the latest Pearl Flexi? I looked on their site a while back and couldn't tell which version they were selling. I might have missed it, however.

Reactions: Kix
Ignorant question: how do you know it's the latest Pearl Flexi? I looked on their site a while back and couldn't tell which version they were selling. I might have missed it, however.
I'm not an expert so take what I say based on what I've read online.
Supposedly anything version 2+ has been updated but they've released up to a version 10. And the serial on the razor will show a date code. Pearl doesn't publish the version number though.
I purchased it from a Pearl dealer and he told me that they were up to Version 10 and that's the one I'll be receiving.

Forgot to add up above:
I also read that they're built in batches and every batch is numbered as a version but really isn't a new version. So the dealer said that they are up to version 10 so it's essentially "batch #10"!

Version 1 "batch 1" = the original one that had problems,
Version 2 "batch 2" = problems corrected (This one really is the new version since it differs from version 1)
Every version after #2 = a corrected new "higher number" built batch but it's the same as version 2.

This is the way I've interpreted everything that I've researched!

Last edited:
I just checked and both my Pearl Flexi & Parker Variant are scheduled to arrive on Friday!🙂
Gonna be a fun weekend to try them both out side by side!

Thanks!
Yep, I wrote on another thread that I wish I could grow a constant beard so I could shave a few times a day, LOL!
That's how much I'm enjoying this!
I wish I would have discovered this years ago!
First half of my life shaving with electrics😕
I actually shave twice a day, single pass ATG. And I do remove stubble every time! 😬
Hey, I wrote a long time ago that I still have my first razor. It's electric!

Any update on the Pearl and the Parker?
Sorry to not update here, I wrote about them on page 4 of this thread that talks about adjustables:

Bottom line, the Parker is nice but the Pearl blows it out of the water. Smoothness, feel, weight, build quality, adjustable mechanism etc.. It's what an adjustable should be. I love it!
Definitely worth 3 times it's current selling price!

Update on the Parker Variant. I'm sticking to the Pearl. I'm actually gonna sell the Parker since it wasn't for me! Lots of people love it but I didn't. Unfortunately I would need to be here for 45 days to sell so for now it's going up on eBay. The Pearl is awesome!

Top Bottom