What's new

My Vision broke--what should I do?

So this morning one of the arms on the head of my Vision detached from the spoke that holds it on. I tried to snap it back on but its wobbly and obviously stretched out somehow as its longer than its mirror image on the other side of the head assembly.

Now, I love my Vision--its my go-to razor--but I can't see spending another 100 bucks on another if I can't get it repaired/replaced.

So, 2 questions:

1. Any advice on how to go about getting it fixed or replaced? I purchased the razor from BestGroomingTools.com--I've sent them a note via email but have yet to hear back from them.

2. If I can't get it fixed/repaired, what should I get? I currently have an HD and a FatBoy--I like the HD better than the FB.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :frown:

Doesn't the Vision have a lifetime warranty? I would contact Merkur directly if the vendor you bought it from won't give you satisfaction.

mrob said:
So this morning one of the arms on the head of my Vision detached from the spoke that holds it on. I tried to snap it back on but its wobbly and obviously stretched out somehow as its longer than its mirror image on the other side of the head assembly.

Now, I love my Vision--its my go-to razor--but I can't see spending another 100 bucks on another if I can't get it repaired/replaced.

So, 2 questions:

1. Any advice on how to go about getting it fixed or replaced? I purchased the razor from BestGroomingTools.com--I've sent them a note via email but have yet to hear back from them.

2. If I can't get it fixed/repaired, what should I get? I currently have an HD and a FatBoy--I like the HD better than the FB.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :frown:

Mitch...

Don't even bother with the vendor. Contact Dovo/Merkur directly and they will take care of any problems.. Here's the contact link:

http://tinyurl.com/jjckj

I would expect Merkur to replace it...., give them a chance & keep us informed.

Yet another Vision hits the dust ..., the quality of the design is suspect.

I think Merkur will come through though...., but will they in the future should they replace the Vision? I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a Vision new for this reason alone.

Regards
John

I'd be interested to see how this turns out. My Vision has a problem, the V-I-S-I-O-N ring seems to have lost a stop as it rotates through around 450 degrees.

The odd thing is though it adjusts all through the extended range so it could be a feature rather than a fault!

Get a straight, even if the handle breaks you'll still be able to use it forever. :biggrin:

But seriously contact the manufacturer as they should stand by their product.

Chris

I sent mine to Ms. Rothstein over a year ago and got back a brand new one. Excellent customer service.

Is that the Vision 2000 that broke or the older Vision? I know they made some changes in the Vision 2000. I'm trying to visualize what broke. Are you refering to one of the silo doors? I have the Vision 2000 and cannot imagine how it could break. I have heard that Merkur is very responsive and will take care of any problem the Vision may have. Please keep us posted as to the outcome.

Bud

Thanks, guys! I've emailed the company and will let you all know what happens. I'm encouraged by the good reports re: customer service, though.:smile:

As I said above, the Vision is my #1 shaver, so I'd hate to lose it forever.

Well, its been over 24 hours and I've yet to receive a response from Dovo/Merkur via email.

My fingers are crossed. . .

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
mrob said:

I don't know about the Vision. That head looks way too big for me. What I do know is that any razor for 100 simoleons should last as long as the 50 year old adjustables I have.

For 100 clams, you can buy a decent superspeed, aristocrat, and a fat boy, and have enough left over to buy an HD or a slant.

ouch said:
I don't know about the Vision. That head looks way too big for me. What I do know is that any razor for 100 simoleons should last as long as the 50 year old adjustables I have.

For 100 clams, you can buy a decent superspeed, aristocrat, and a fat boy, and have enough left over to buy an HD or a slant.

I did not know about the Vision either until I tried one. Having tried one, it is without question the best for me. Certainely not the best for everyone, but for me nothing compares. I have the original Gillette Fat Boy DE that I started shaving with in 1961 and I'm certainely attached to it and will never part with it, but I use the Vision exclusively because it just works better for me. With care, I suspect the Vision will last the rest of my life. If not, it has a lifetime warranty and I can then get by with the Gillette while it gets repaired and/or replaced. I also have the HD but have yet to try the slant. One day I may just have to get a slant to see what they are all about.

Although I have heard only good about Merkur's customer service, I'm keeping my eye on this post to just see how quick Merkur is in honoring their warranty on the Vision.

Bud

I heard today--Sunday!--from Anne Rothstein at Dovo:

Thank you very much for your email. We are very sorry to learn that you have encountered a problem with your VISION razor.

I will pass on this email conversation to the office in Germany (I am currently travelling), and they will send you a replacement center rod with the two flaps to your shipping address mentioned below.

Best regards,
Anne Rothstein
DOVO/MERKUR Germany

Now--just hope I can figure out how to fix it once the parts arrive. My best home repair tool is the phone.:redface:

mrob said:
Now--just hope I can figure out how to fix it once the parts arrive. My best home repair tool is the phone.:redface:

Mitch......
We told you not to worry. Now you don't have to worry about replacing the parts - piece of cake. Might take a minute or two.

Easy for you to say--I have multiple thumbs on each hand, and they aren't even green.:redface:

Hope the parts come with idiot-proof instructions.:tongue:

Top Bottom