What's new

My Vision broke--what should I do?

mrob said:
I heard today--Sunday!--from Anne Rothstein at Dovo:

Thank you very much for your email. We are very sorry to learn that you have encountered a problem with your VISION razor.

I will pass on this email conversation to the office in Germany (I am currently travelling), and they will send you a replacement center rod with the two flaps to your shipping address mentioned below.

Best regards,
Anne Rothstein
DOVO/MERKUR Germany

Now--just hope I can figure out how to fix it once the parts arrive. My best home repair tool is the phone.:redface:

It is a very simple operation and will only take a few seconds. Should you encounter a problem, PM me with your phone number and I'll give you a call and walk you through it.

Bud

gundog said:
It is a very simple operation and will only take a few seconds. Should you encounter a problem, PM me with your phone number and I'll give you a call and walk you through it.

Bud

Thanks, Bud--I may very well take you up on that offer.:redface:

Mitch,
The bottom of the handle has a disc on it. To remove that disc (and the doors and the center rod), you open the razor doors by twisting the bulbous knob on the end of the handle and then push the doors to the closed position and down toward the razor-head bottom. You should note that at that point the center rod with the disc on it is extending beyond the bulbous end of the handle. Should you look carefully, you can slide the disc to one side where there is a larger hole for the disc on the center rod to exit. Careful, everything falls apart at this point! For $20 I'll tell you how to reverse the disassembly into an assembly..:lol:

guenron said:
Mitch,
The bottom of the handle has a disc on it. To remove that disc (and the doors and the center rod), you open the razor doors by twisting the bulbous knob on the end of the handle and then push the doors to the closed position and down toward the razor-head bottom. You should note that at that point the center rod with the disc on it is extending beyond the bulbous end of the handle. Should you look carefully, you can slide the disc to one side where there is a larger hole for the disc on the center rod to exit. Careful, everything falls apart at this point! For $20 I'll tell you how to reverse the disassembly into an assembly..:lol:

Very well written instructions. To bad the tech writers for Merkur could not provide such explicit and easy to follow instruction with the razor.

Bud

Good grief.. You gents are making me blush!:blushing:
Mitch, can I safely assume that you followed the instructions and had an uneventful disassembly? When the new center post with clamshell doors arrives, just put the new piece's center shaft into the handle. Gently close the doors and push the assembly downward toward the bottom of the razor's head on the handle. Next slip the disc onto the shaft carefully putting the large hole over the end of the shaft. All that remains is to slide the disc over, so that the small hole is over the end of the shaft.. Now, my paypal is J.Fred.Muggs@B&B.zoo.:lol:

Well, I finally got the replacement parts from Dovo and performed the repair last night. It was a bit tougher than Ron explained--also needed to "force" the assembly onto the razor handle a tad--not difficult but awkward.

The good news is that the Vision works fine again! Thanks to all for your assistance in getting in touch with Dovo--once they knew the problem they responded admirably.

Now. . .any suggestions for how to get the adjustment knob to move more freely? Mine seems a bit bound up.

mrob said:
Well, I finally got the replacement parts from Dovo and performed the repair last night. It was a bit tougher than Ron explained--also needed to "force" the assembly onto the razor handle a tad--not difficult but awkward.

The good news is that the Vision works fine again! Thanks to all for your assistance in getting in touch with Dovo--once they knew the problem they responded admirably.

Now. . .any suggestions for how to get the adjustment knob to move more freely? Mine seems a bit bound up.

It is odd that you had to force anything. If everything is in the right position when you put it back together, no force should be required. as for the adjustment knob, a little mineral oil should help.

Bud

That issue of force is cause for concern. The assembly should almost drop in. The only issue is pushing it (the assembly) into position against the spring's (nominal) force to put the end cap back on.:sosp:

Hi Mitch

Do you have an email address for Anne Rothstein at Dovo, I'd like to get my Vision sorted out, If you do would you possibly PM it to me?

Thanks

Top Bottom