What's new

My up date and confusion

So as after buying 6+ razors, 2 brushes, loads of blades, creams etc etc etc here is my best shave details.

Stirling soaps I love menthol ones
Boar brush if no prep
Razorock Bruce if prep
Any blade in 34c is oh so nice.
Plan witch hazel
Fine snake bite and finish with Stirling post balm or palmers stretch mark cream. It's my wife's post baby and it's really good at soothing.

For some reason I want to go into single edge I have
A muhle r41
A q shave
A German 37
Feather popular
They all don't work for various reasons especially under my chin.
I have a hawk but it to does a lovely job apart from under my chin.

why do I want as single edge I don't know I just can't be content with 1 razor.

Any se suggestions please put them forward.
Part of me wants to stick with merkur but this is like an illness ha ha.

You want a single edge because it's there. Always fun to try new things. Many of us splurge on razors, blades, soaps, creams, brushes, aftershaves, etc. when we start and then settle into a routine. It's the B&b way!

If you are getting a lot of tugging under your chin then you are losing the proper angle there. Try to maintain the proper angle there and see if that helps. As far as wanting another razor that may last forever. :001_rolle

Last edited:
Why not give injector razors a try. They're small, nimble, and can get into the difficult areas easily. The angle is intuitive, and the blades last a really long time.

If you are getting a lot of tugging under your chin then you are loosing the proper angle there. Try to maintain the proper angle there and see if that helps. As far as wanting another razor that may last forever. :001_rolle
This. Because of the curves and location, certain parts of the face and neck are a challenge to keep the correct angle. As for more razors, that is something you will have to live with. After joining B&B I went crazy buying many razors. Now I find I don't recall how each one shaves!

+1 on the Gem 1912
I got a Gem MM in a lot of razors I bought. Of course I had to try it out. Not a very good experience.
Bought a Gem 1912 for 5 bucks at a thrift store. Nice shave. An amazing difference between the two.
Of course I will eventually revisit the Gem MM as a matter of principle.
Variety is the spice of life.

So as after buying 6+ razors, 2 brushes, loads of blades, creams etc etc etc here is my best shave details.

Stirling soaps I love menthol ones
Boar brush if no prep
Razorock Bruce if prep
Any blade in 34c is oh so nice.
Plan witch hazel
Fine snake bite and finish with Stirling post balm or palmers stretch mark cream. It's my wife's post baby and it's really good at soothing.

For some reason I want to go into single edge I have
A muhle r41
A q shave
A German 37
Feather popular
They all don't work for various reasons especially under my chin.
I have a hawk but it to does a lovely job apart from under my chin.

why do I want as single edge I don't know I just can't be content with 1 razor.

Any se suggestions please put them forward.
Part of me wants to stick with merkur but this is like an illness ha ha.
Check out this bb link from members input

Under the Nose and Chin area shave help thread, please post tips/advice here.

If you are getting a lot of tugging under your chin then you are losing the proper angle there. Try to maintain the proper angle there and see if that helps. As far as wanting another razor that may last forever. :001_rolle

+1! This is also my best guess. Technique is the likely issue.) I do not use SE. I did use straights for awhile and currently am DE only.)

You want a single edge because it's there. Always fun to try new things. Many of us splurge on razors, blades, soaps, creams, brushes, aftershaves, etc. when we start and then settle into a routine. It's the B&b way!

I have four razors, but have owned six. I went overboard with soaps, but have settled into a routine with three favored vendors. Enjoy your shaves! :thumbup1:

+1 on this:thumbup1: and it's a lot of fun experiencing the various products along the journey. So many choices, but you will find your favorites and kinda settle into your own groove, but always "tweaking, here and there.
As always stated in the forums, YMMV.
Have fun and great shaves along the way.
Mikey

Top Bottom