What's new

My two Gems

Before I even had my first shave with my first Gem, I purchased my second Gem -this came in today's mail. I'm not sure the year or model name, but looks to be newer than the G-bar and I believe that the handle and cap are stainless - the base appears to be nickel plated brass like normal. The cap opens by means of a push button at top of handle. Any ideas?
proxy.php

proxy.php

That giant spot on the G-bar head is a reflection of the ceiling fan.

I'm going to give the new one a go today.

I just got one of those too (were we separated at birth or something?).

I believe it's called a Gem Contour.

- Chris

Interestingly, the contour model, to my eye, seems to share a number of design elements with the PAL stainless steel injector. First off, it's a combination of stainless steel and black plastic, and the handle is shaped very similarly to the PAL. I'm wondering if the two razors were designed by the same people, or whether PAL and GEM were made by the same people.

Interestingly, the contour model, to my eye, seems to share a number of design elements with the PAL stainless steel injector. First off, it's a combination of stainless steel and black plastic, and the handle is shaped very similarly to the PAL. I'm wondering if the two razors were designed by the same people, or whether PAL and GEM were made by the same people.

Absolutely. That company (those people) would be American Safety Razor. I have both the Contour and the PAL adjustable injector as well as a Personna injector that matches it pefectly. All ASR.

- Chris

I would love to have a PAL injector... such a good looking razor. I have no idea how it shaves, but it's beautiful.

Top Bottom