What's new

My turn to ask.

Another new contestant in “Guess That Razor”

I picked up the razor on the left as part of a “Gentleman’s Shaving Travel Kit” of Fleabay England for $1.10…. plus I think about $10 shipping :mad3: $Dollar kti end.JPG$Dollar kit edge.JPG$Dollar kit head.JPG

The head is extremely light weight, almost like aluminum, but the handle is nearly a normal Tech weight. At least, it seems to be just by feel, a tiny bit lighter.

I notice the head is very rounded and the blade exposure looks rather more aggressive than the Tech I compared it to, but I can’t get closer pictures since my $75 Canon won’t focus that close.

Cheap clone or some exotic “only one left in the world” ?

To quote my accountant: Your guess is as good as mine.

Any input?

It's a super rare German unbranded razor that was made in the billions! That one looks a little aggressive! There were several different ones including Gillette clones, or near clones, but that is just an inexpensive razor to shave with. Give it a shave, that's what it's for. :thumbup1:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Cheapo post-war stamped giveaway razor. Lots of Wirtschaftwunder stuff made like that although that type of quality was more typical of the DDR.

It's worse than just aggressive. It's poorly made and poorly crafted. No way to get equal blade exposure, or even a straight blade edge. I would be wary to even try a single shave with that thing.

You have been warned.

Used it this morning... I'll post a review after the swelling goes down and the stitches heal... :lol: just kidding.. but it's nearly midnight here and the Sandman is visiting.....

So, Gabe aka [MENTION=65741]azwetshaver[/MENTION], I took up that dare.....

Shaved the left side with the suspect razor "S" and the right with an old Tech "T"....switching the blade between them.

As predicted the S was considerable more aggressive than the T. The first few strokes on my cheek did a fine job of removing whiskers. The T razor was very mild but I felt like I had to press much harder to get the blade to cut. No razor burn from either.

Around the mouth and chin, paying very close attention to the angle and pressure, the S was cutting close. Adjusting the angle a bit on the T helped it do a better job without the pressure.

Neck felt a little raw with the S; not so with the T.

I started to run short of time to get to work so I did the second pass on my jawline with the S.. Got some very nice weepers!! :laugh:

This is not a razor for when you're in hurry and I doubt that I would use it as a travel razor since I'd probably want something a bit more forgiving in those situations where not everything is based on past experience. I'll not toss it in the recycle bin but I won't put it in the rotation either.. Nice decoration razor....:thumbup:

So, Gabe aka @azwetshaver, I took up that dare.....

Shaved the left side with the suspect razor "S" and the right with an old Tech "T"....switching the blade between them.

As predicted the S was considerable more aggressive than the T. The first few strokes on my cheek did a fine job of removing whiskers. The T razor was very mild but I felt like I had to press much harder to get the blade to cut. No razor burn from either.

Around the mouth and chin, paying very close attention to the angle and pressure, the S was cutting close. Adjusting the angle a bit on the T helped it do a better job without the pressure.

Neck felt a little raw with the S; not so with the T.

I started to run short of time to get to work so I did the second pass on my jawline with the S.. Got some very nice weepers!! :laugh:

This is not a razor for when you're in hurry and I doubt that I would use it as a travel razor since I'd probably want something a bit more forgiving in those situations where not everything is based on past experience. I'll not toss it in the recycle bin but I won't put it in the rotation either.. Nice decoration razor....:thumbup:

Very nice. I have an Ikon OSS Dual Comb and I love it. I use the OC side for the first pass and the CC side for passes two and three. The results are awesome close comfortable shaves. Since I am using the milder side for XTG and ATG, I also never get an irritation. You have an interesting razor for sure. Thanks for the review.

Top Bottom