What's new

My Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar Is Almost Gone - Which Cream Next?

Well, Trafalgar is a staple for me. However, just today, I ordered a tub of Grafton which is also superb in that same sort of old school masculine scent. Been ages since I had a tub of 1805 but I like that one too (as well as their rose and lime). I'm a T&F fanboy. Matter of fact, based on the sample aftershave balms I had, I also ordered a bottle of both Trafalgar and Grafton. I like that style balm very much (sort of milky rather than a splash).

I saw that I still had a sample of T&H 1805 and used some today. Later, I called and ordered a tub of the creams and bottle of the aftershave balm. Fanboy, what can I say? Oh, and at my request, they tossed in a sample of the Apsley shaving cream and balm. I tried it once before a few years ago but simply don't remember the scent other than liking itl. More of a new style/modern scent vs. traditional as I recall.

I'd recommend getting the Apsley directly from T&H (USA/CA/UK) since they've recently tweaked the fragrance;
use of "Butylphenyl Methylpropional" is no longer permitted for use in cosmetics, as of March, 2022.

(Butylphenyl Methylpropional was also in 1805 and Grafton.)

I'd recommend getting the Apsley directly from T&H (USA/CA/UK) since they've recently tweaked the fragrance;
use of "Butylphenyl Methylpropional" is no longer permitted for use in cosmetics, as of March, 2022.

(Butylphenyl Methylpropional was also in 1805 and Grafton.)
That's good to know, many thanks!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Apologies for the Castle Forbes recommendation. Best of luck in your selection.

truefitt hill grafton feather september 9 2021.jpg

A few ideas:

Acqua di Parma (not cheap)
Atkinsons for Gentlemen (available from a very large online retailer)
Castle Forbes
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort

Well, Trafalgar is a staple for me. However, just today, I ordered a tub of Grafton which is also superb in that same sort of old school masculine scent. Been ages since I had a tub of 1805 but I like that one too (as well as their rose and lime). I'm a T&F fanboy. Matter of fact, based on the sample aftershave balms I had, I also ordered a bottle of both Trafalgar and Grafton. I like that style balm very much (sort of milky rather than a splash).

Unfortunately, they discontinued the Rose a few years ago. Cyril Salter Wild Rose is quite good, though.

Grafton is an absolutely wonderful scent. Don’t forget the balm!

Unfortunately, they discontinued the Rose a few years ago. Cyril Salter Wild Rose is quite good, though.

Grafton is an absolutely wonderful scent. Don’t forget the balm!
Yeah, and apparently a few more. One of the gals at their NA HQ said they also dropped Almond and one or two others. I know I'll be able to find replacements when the time comes and I have an unopened T&H Rose on the shelf and half a jar in the current rotation. I gotta cut back on having too many soaps and creams anyway so maybe they're doing me a favor. I LOVE Grafton and have a tub of it now as well as the aftershave balm (which I just used today - the balm not the shaving cream). Tomorrow is due to bring a tub of 1805 and a bottle of 1805 aftershave balm. Then I should be more than done for a long time!

West Indian Limes. Very nice. Although 1805 and Trafalgar scents are more subtle (Regal) than West Indian Limes they still have absolutely lovely scents and performance. I’m not so keen on the Aspley or the Grafton scents.
They are all excellent creams so it’s down to personal preference at the end of the day.

I use the West Indian Limes on sunny days or to being some sunshine into my shave.😊

E2B3E99E-0A15-4624-940E-B32C9F22F614.jpeg

Top Bottom