What's new

My Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar Is Almost Gone - Which Cream Next?

I also chose T&H Lime over the competition, including the holy CF Lime. But I use GFT Lime skin food as the usual aftershave for this cream.

West Indian Limes. Very nice. Although 1805 and Trafalgar scents are more subtle (Regal) than West Indian Limes they still have absolutely lovely scents and performance. I’m not so keen on the Aspley or the Grafton scents.
They are all excellent creams so it’s down to personal preference at the end of the day.

I use the West Indian Limes on sunny days or to being some sunshine into my shave.😊

My favorite lime scent is that used by Mike's, Castle Forbes and RazoRock Evil Eye Lime. Stirling is close but just falls short of nirvana.

Have you ever used any of the above lime scents and can you compare the TH with any of these?

My favorite lime scent is that used by Mike's, Castle Forbes and RazoRock Evil Eye Lime. Stirling is close but just falls short of nirvana.

Have you ever used any of the above lime scents and can you compare the TH with any of these?

Hi @Frank Shaves
The only other Lime scent I’ve tried is the TOBS Lime Zest which fell well short of Nirvana for me.
Haven’t tried any of the ones you mention so can’t feedback to you I’m afraid.
Castle Forbes 1445 is Nirvana for me so I probably won’t try their Lime.
There’s so many wonderful creams and soaps out there. It’s a joy discovering them.
😊 all the best and enjoy great shaves. 👍

I find that I prefer T&H limes and GFT limes over Castle Forbes and TOBS, both of which smell like Pine Sol cleaner. The former having more subtle notes and complexity to balance things out.

I couldn't think of a better thread to ask for this, and dont want to open new thread
for each question.

I assume there are many T&H fans in this thread.

My question is:
Do you think the T&H products (balm, soap etc.) are worth the price tag,
compared to lets say, Muhle and Proraso?

I have used many products from Muhle and Proraso, and I am generally satisfied.

Wanted to check the T&H products, but their price tag is preventing me from it.
I spend serious amount of money on shave products anyway, just I generally
don't like to overpay for products (just for the name).

What is your experience with T&H? Is it worth to pay brand 2-3 times compared to
average brands which do very good job?

Wanted to check the T&H products, but their price tag is preventing me from it.
I spend serious amount of money on shave products anyway, just I generally
don't like to overpay for products (just for the name).

What is your experience with T&H? Is it worth to pay brand 2-3 times compared to
average brands which do very good job?

In my opinion, you need to try different products to find your favorites and then as long as the price is not outrageous the best ones are worth the cost.

Yes, Truefitt & Hill cream costs more than Palmolive (which is also quite good), and in my house it satisfies the above rule.

Now, if I was still in college with no income, I would own two used $20 Union Spike straight razors, 1 Fatip Original, 1 Fatip Gentle, 1 Semogue Owners Club Mistura brushes and lots of Tabac tallow soap and Palmolive cream :).

In my opinion, you need to try different products to find your favorites and then as long as the price is not outrageous the best ones are worth the cost.

Yes, Truefitt & Hill cream costs more than Palmolive (which is also quite good), and in my house it satisfies the above rule.

Now, if I was still in college with no income, I would own two used $20 Union Spike straight razors, 1 Fatip Original, 1 Fatip Gentle, 1 Semogue Owners Club Mistura brushes and lots of Tabac tallow soap and Palmolive cream :).
i also have a palmolive tube at home now 😀

i find your comparison a bit extreme. obviously in student days n some demanding periods, u wont spend on luxuries.

my post was to compare it to other brands with very good reputation and quality (muhle and proraso)

anyways, the curiosity got the better of me, so i placed an order.
1805 after shave, and a sample pack of colognes after shaves and creams.

i guess there is only one way to find out if its worth it or not 😂

Top Bottom