What's new

My Travel Shaving Brush Container

I bought a shaving brush roll from captain's choice.
What I like about it is that it is open on top and but still gives complete protection. My travel brush is a Muhle 23 mm syn so it can fit any size brush securely.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
There are so many options for a brush container, no need for a toilet paper roll core...a simple pill container will do a much better job.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
There are so many options for a brush container, no need for a toilet paper roll core...a simple pill container will do a much better job.
True, but it depends on what you have readily available at the time when you need it.

I have now made a second toilet paper tube container for another brush. Now I have one for carry-on and one for checked luggage.

True, but it depends on what you have readily available at the time when you need it.

I have now made a second toilet paper tube container for another brush. Now I have one for carry-on and one for checked luggage.
You had five toilet roll tubes readily available? How much toilet paper do you use in a visit?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
They never meet. If they do, they fight. Jealousy can be a very powerful and destructive emotion.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Since we are talking about travel brush storage I have a question. Most of my travel Dopp kit use is shave and put everything back in the Dopp kit as soon as I’m done shaving. I always used a synthetic brush for fear of ruining a badger or boar brush because it does not sit out to dry. The brush may sit in the Dopp kit for a week. Is my caution justified?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Since we are talking about travel brush storage I have a question. Most of my travel Dopp kit use is shave and put everything back in the Dopp kit as soon as I’m done shaving. I always used a synthetic brush for fear of ruining a badger or boar brush because it does not sit out to dry. The brush may sit in the Dopp kit for a week. Is my caution justified?
Yes and no. Mould/fungus can grow on a damp brush, faster on natural brush hair than synthetic. These growths can damage natural bush hair buy not really synthetic. Both natural and synthetic brush hair can develop an unwanted smell from mould/fungus growth. The growth may also be dangerous to your health.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Fungi and mold also like to grow on paper that has absorbed moisture.

Top Bottom