What's new

My Top Brushes

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I don’t post much about my brushes. I always thought of my brushes as fairly meager and rudimentary. Nothing fancy, etc. But I realize I have accumulated some pretty special brushes over the years. And I felt like sharing. I enjoy Synths and Badgers equally. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I like the ultimate luxury of a fine badger, as well as the ferocious lathering prowess of the synth. And although there are some great synths for $20 and less, I have grown to enjoy some more custom-leaning synth brushes. I have 10 more brushes in my collection, but they are all shelf warmers. Much more common specimens. They rarely come out to play. These are the lucky 7. The brushes that get all the action.

Left to right:
Wolf Whiskers one-off Tuxedo synth
Leo Frilot Custom Timberwolf. One of a pair I had made to commemorate my son’s Eagle Scout ceremony
Paladin Cleo. Just got this one today. But I just know it’s going to be awesome
Paladin Lotus Tigris Pearla
Paladin Lemon Drop Polo. My favorite brush ever!
Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush in STF Lemon Drop. My favorite synth brush!
- Lemon drop has been a lucky color pattern for me!
Rudy Vey Elite Manchurian Butterscotch

9E1B92DE-AAEC-4C27-9E3D-F9344E2E6F8D.jpeg

I think that is an awesome lineup of brushes! I really like how you had a brush made to commemorate your son's Eagle Scout ceremony. Definitely a great accomplishment that you will be reminded of every time you look at that brush!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Used the Paladin Cleo in Briar for the first time this morning. Fantastic brush! I love it. Fits in very well between my other two Paladins. The Lemon Drop Polo is super soft. As soft and it gets. Ultimate in luxury lather. The Tigris Lotus is quite scrubby for a Paladin. When I got it, I was quite pleased that it was different from the Lemon Drop Polo. Great backbone and lots of scrub. Boarderline scritchy, but nowhere near that line of unpleasantness. This one fits right in the center. It’s got lots of backbone, is quite soft, and has the faintest bit of scrub. And what a looker! A keeper for sure!

48454647-42AA-457E-84A0-7B97D77B0BE4.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don’t post much about my brushes. I always thought of my brushes as fairly meager and rudimentary. Nothing fancy, etc. But I realize I have accumulated some pretty special brushes over the years. And I felt like sharing. I enjoy Synths and Badgers equally. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I like the ultimate luxury of a fine badger, as well as the ferocious lathering prowess of the synth. And although there are some great synths for $20 and less, I have grown to enjoy some more custom-leaning synth brushes. I have 10 more brushes in my collection, but they are all shelf warmers. Much more common specimens. They rarely come out to play. These are the lucky 7. The brushes that get all the action.

Left to right:
Leo Frilot Custom Timberwolf. One of a pair I had made to commemorate my son’s Eagle Scout ceremony

View attachment 1452664
You prompted me to take a photo of my own small brush collection... it isn't done yet... there is one to come when the FB group buy gets settled.. and I'm thinking about getting rid of one of mine.

Thanks for the inspiration.... most of the brush collection photos we see posted here have a Lot of brushes... I'll end up with 5.. small collection but nice, if I do say so myself. ;)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
You prompted me to take a photo of my own small brush collection... it isn't done yet... there is one to come when the FB group buy gets settled.. and I'm thinking about getting rid of one of mine.

Thanks for the inspiration.... most of the brush collection photos we see posted here have a Lot of brushes... I'll end up with 5.. small collection but nice, if I do say so myself. ;)
5 is a great size collection if you love them all. I have a total of 18 currently. Had more, but sold some… PIFed some. The 7 in the pic above are the top tier. Then there are some that are sentimental. The B&B boar brush for example. I have a couple of travel brushes as I am in the road a lot. And then their are 3 or 4 PAA brushes. They are cheap. But so cool and fun to use. I still have to downsize a bit. But I am getting there.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
5 is a great size collection if you love them all. I have a total of 18 currently. Had more, but sold some… PIFed some. The 7 in the pic above are the top tier. Then there are some that are sentimental. The B&B boar brush for example. I have a couple of travel brushes as I am in the road a lot. And then their are 3 or 4 PAA brushes. They are cheap. But so cool and fun to use. I still have to downsize a bit. But I am getting there.
I have a PAA brush that doesn't seem to thrill me... I'll probably PIF it eventually... to a newbie with limited funds, hopefully. Lots of people love it here... that's why I got it. Oh well... some things are not meant to be. Shaving is so subjective.

Left to right:

View attachment 1452664

LOVELY!! Congratulations!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Top Bottom