What's new

My Time Bath & Body Menthol - Love In

I've been a fan of MTBB for a while now...you're not kidding when you say the 10/10 makes Proraso feel non-mentholated!

Down here in Texas it's been over 100 degrees for almost two months. Jean's cream is a blessing in this weather.

For my Menthol 10/10, I requested a Rosemary/Spearmint flavor, and it I can't recommend it highly enough.

For those interested in the cream, please note that it is tallow-based and even with whatever EO flavor you choose, the tallow smell does tend to come out a bit.

Definitely one of my very favorite creams, and a fantastic bargain compared to its closest competitors, IMO. :thumbup1:

For those interested in the cream, please note that it is tallow-based and even with whatever EO flavor you choose, the tallow smell does tend to come out a bit.

She has taken care of that. Her new batches do not smell like tallow in any way. She posted a thread here.

Oddly enough, I have a tub of menthol 10/10 with no added scent and I cannot smell any tallow.

She has taken care of that. Her new batches do not smell like tallow in any way. She posted a thread here.

Oddly enough, I have a tub of menthol 10/10 with no added scent and I cannot smell any tallow.

That is great to hear. I'm looking forward to trying out the new version. Not that I really minded the beefy smell in the first place...the lather was too darn good for me to care. :biggrin:

I used my 10/10 this afternoon for the first time - Jean says it is the new formulation.

I don't smell tallow - and the menthol is odd in that there's no scent, really (to me)... just icy mentholness - your eyes know you're using it... your sinuses know (da nose knows) - but I can't say it smells. I wish I could explain it.

But know this: it is great! It is purely menthol... and followed up with Osage Rub... woo-hoo!

Orderd the cream offa someone in BST.

It's a 10/10 Menthol, with Russian Fir and Rosemary Mint

Its freezing, i don't smell any tallow, but don't know if this is the new or old formula.

Definitely one of my very favorite creams, and a fantastic bargain compared to its closest competitors, IMO. :thumbup1:

+1. I'm also eagerly awaiting my sample of the new formulation. If the beefy scent is gone, that'll be great news, indeed.

I can confirm that the tallow scent is gone. I had the earlier version, and was very put off by the tallow smell.

Jean was kind enough to send me a sample of the new version, and it's great -- no more tallow smell. Just mentholated goodness. I highly recommend the mentholated cream!

Hi

I just wanted to chime in to clarify a few things.

The new method started shipping out Monday August 10, 2009. Anything before that time is the old method. All shaving cream sent after that date will be the new formula.

There are degrees of menthol. For those of you wondering how the scale works here is a comparison:

2/10 Oh, this is refreshing.
4/10 This is nice and cool.
6/10 This feels a lot like Proraso
8/10 Man this is really cold
10/10 Holy crap I can't feel my face

Hope this takes care of some of the confusion

Happy shaving
Jean

I'm gearing up for another purchase. Can you describe the tobacco flower scent? Sublime was a good start . . . :w00t:

Top Bottom