What's new

My Third Matching Seven-Day Set (M7DS)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I am now in the process of putting together my third M7DS. This set will be a of Titan VG10-HZ T.H.63 SR's and they will be engraved in Japanese to match the Japanese steel they are made of.
IMG_20200817_092433.jpg
I have designed the case for this set and is currently being made by my cabinetmaker, Ferns Finewood, here in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Due to the shape (varying thickness) along the length of the scales, their timber case will be similar but different. I'll post the design here once I have completed it.

Yes, the wedge ends of the razors will be supported on calf-hide leather.

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Here is a plan view photo that shows the scale thickness variation along the length of the scales.
IMG_20200824_133123.jpg

Nearly up to a months worth of Titans! A matching lunar month would be a nice idea for a set...

Reactions: abj

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Nearly up to a months worth of Titans! A matching lunar month would be a nice idea for a set...
I agree. A matching 28 day set of top-of-the-line European SR's would be great. That would probably require a case with four drawes. Such a case could cost me USD 200. May be beyond my means 😁.

A 4 x seven day set in a single box with drawers would be very cool. It could have several uses. You could just rotate through weekly. Or you could add a a few special full moon razors to make up the 29-30 day lunar month. You could even use it as a stone henge type pagan calendar set to rotate through the solar solstices and equinox’s.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
A 4 x seven day set in a single box with drawers would be very cool. It could have several uses. You could just rotate through weekly. Or you could add a a few special full moon razors to make up the 29-30 day lunar month. You could even use it as a stone henge type pagan calendar set to rotate through the solar solstices and equinox’s.
My fourth set is being delivered by FedEx. Maybe today.

A four-draw case might be the way to go.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I heard from my cabinetmaker earlier this week. He believed that I had a mistake in the design that I gave him as the sample SR I provided to him wouldn't fit. On Wednesday I visited his workshop.

I guarantee all my design work to be error free. If I make a mistake, I cover the correction cost. (This policy of mine has cost me hundreds of thousands over the years.) This time my design was perfect. He made a mistake in not properly reading the plans that I provided. His mistake, so he must rectify at his expense.

Probably another two weeks before I get this case. Only then will I get the SR's engraved - in Japanese.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Sorry, I forgot to post this earlier. Here is the design of the case for this , my third M7DS.

VG10-HZ Box 01.jpg
VG10-HZ Box 02.jpg
VG10-HZ Box 03.jpg
The main differences between this case and my previous cases is that this case does not have full-length dividers between each razor due to the varying thickness long each scales' length. Yes, I know that this could lead to SR inbreeding. I'm thinking of getting each of these SR's neutered before their first use.

Attachments

• VG10-HZ Box 01.pdf
    22.9 KB · Views: 13
  • VG10-HZ Box 02.pdf
    18.6 KB · Views: 4
  • VG10-HZ Box 03.pdf
    19.5 KB · Views: 4
Sorry, I forgot to post this earlier. Here is the design of the case for this , my third M7DS.

The main differences between this case and my previous cases is that this case does not have full-length dividers between each razor due to the varying thickness long each scales' length. Yes, I know that this could lead to SR inbreeding. I'm thinking of getting each of these SR's neutered before their first use.

yep don't want any sister cousin uncle razors in the lot!!!!

camo

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
yep don't want any sister cousin uncle razors in the lot!!!!

camo
They all look VERY similar so my thinking is that they are all from the same family. Many SR shavers on B&B say that their SR's appear to breed.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I picked up the case for this, my Japanese M7DS, this morning. This case has been made with a fine grained rosewood. I quite like the finished product.

IMG_20200923_112700.jpg

IMG_20200923_112908.jpg

IMG_20200923_112808.jpg

IMG_20200923_112738.jpg
Next is to get the razors for this set engraved in Japanese - to match the VG10-HZ steel they are made of. I will try and get that done early next week.

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_112700.jpg
    IMG_20200923_112700.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200923_112908.jpg
    IMG_20200923_112908.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200923_112808.jpg
    IMG_20200923_112808.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200923_112738.jpg
    IMG_20200923_112738.jpg