What's new

My take on Mitchell Wools Fat.

Didn't know the thing about hot water ruining the lather. I get a good lather; but, maybe I'll try taking the water temp down a notch. Also to the OP, try a little bit more water when you're lathering, it seems that MWF needs just the right amount of water; not too much, not too little!

It's only a few soaps that warm or luke warm water is best. I think harder soaps, especially lanolin has issues with hot water. YMMV.

Had my first go at MWF tonight. I basically used the method I always use, which is the tutorial on lathering soaps here on the site. For fun, I used a new Omega 636 silvertip I had never used before. Got a great lather with no trouble at all. This was just a test lather, I did not shave with it, but it looked as good as any lather I get from my other soaps or creams.

I have never had any problems with this soap at all, despite using hot water.
I find it the easiest soap I own to lather in fact, and it's still my go to soap.
I'd rate MWF first, then Cella, then Tabac in terms of performance.

I had my second shave with MWF today. I run the puck under hot water for a few seconds. Then I swirl the wet brush over the puck for about 15 seconds. I add a tablespoon or so of hot water to the lather bowl, swirl fo another 15-20 seconds and wallah!!! The lather is awesome!!!!
MWF will always be in my rotation. Greeeeeat stuff.

Just got my puck of MWF in the mail. Going to give it a go tonight with my Omega 31064....also just got that in the mail. Should use my NDC Superspeed. Just got that in the mail too. I'll finish it off with some Superhazel. That somehow also showed up in the mail today!

Wetshaving saves money! Never forget that.

Had my own puck of MWF come in yesterday afternoon. I found the lather eminently usable right off - lots of water required, but I also used my Semogue LE which soaks up water like crazy. I used the various tricks to get it going, like using cool, filtered water to soften up a bit. The lather it yielded cushioned well and didn't drag at all; I'm sure I'll be able to tune its slickness up a bit, and then it'll be perfect.

Face felt great after, just splashed some witch hazel on and ran out the door. Very soft feeling like Cella, but even more hydrated. No tightness in my skin at all. The scent was just clean and soapy, a great excuse to finally get rid of my Tabac.

Had my own puck of MWF come in yesterday afternoon. I found the lather eminently usable right off - lots of water required, but I also used my Semogue LE which soaks up water like crazy. I used the various tricks to get it going, like using cool, filtered water to soften up a bit. The lather it yielded cushioned well and didn't drag at all; I'm sure I'll be able to tune its slickness up a bit, and then it'll be perfect.

Face felt great after, just splashed some witch hazel on and ran out the door. Very soft feeling like Cella, but even more hydrated. No tightness in my skin at all. The scent was just clean and soapy, a great excuse to finally get rid of my Tabac.

What an awesome first MWF experience, congrats! :thumbup:

Sence I have'nt used MWF in a while I will use it today to shave. It is diferent than all the other soaps I have. But that is why I like it.

Eddie

I was able to try MWF for the first time tonight. For me, the smell is almost exactly what I am after, just a nice clean smell, I love it. I am definitely going to have to work on the lather with this soap, I got a nice volume, but found that it dried very quickly, so I need to play with it for a while. Looking forward to it.

All these tallow soaps create lots of lather with very little water. Then you can just keep adding water until you get the moisture you want. It takes a LOT of water to ruin tallow soap lather.

I was able to try MWF for the first time tonight. For me, the smell is almost exactly what I am after, just a nice clean smell, I love it. I am definitely going to have to work on the lather with this soap, I got a nice volume, but found that it dried very quickly, so I need to play with it for a while. Looking forward to it.

Add a dot of cream -- eliminates the disappearing lather.

Thanks for the review. I've been going back and forth on whether or not to try this.

That's me. I think if I do, I will make a few practice batches first. I would to have to call in late for work, telling them I am still trying to work up a decent lather with my MWF. Some people I work with have no sense of humor or priorities.

Better lather tonight with more water used, and warm MWF is just so bloody nice
I will try a little cream next time to see what it does, thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom