What's new

My take on Martin de Candre that was Christmas gift

Tonight I used MDC with a load time of ridiculous. So much so the brush became a self lathering beast. To say the shave with the Sheraton was great would do both injustice. I could have shaved a silver back gorilla with the amount I had left.

Tonight I used MDC with a load time of ridiculous. So much so the brush became a self lathering beast. To say the shave with the Sheraton was great would do both injustice. I could have shaved a silver back gorilla with the amount I had left.

That's what it's all about! None of that 3 second loading stuff. I say go for it, because we never know what tomorrow might bring. Enjoy it well and never look back, I say!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Used Martin de Candre again today. I loaded it much longer than the previous times using a Vulfix 2235 badger brush. The extra loading produced a very rich lather for the first and the second pass was pretty nice as well. However, by the time I got to the third pass it was pretty weak and pathetic. I did everything I could to revive it without reloading. It got me through, but was a pretty big disappointment on the final pass.

If I had more time I would have simply loaded more for the final pass, but I needed to leave for church. So I'll probably use it again next weekend. I think it is a very fine product, but I think I prefer Santa Maria Novella for something in the same price range.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Loaded the dickens out of it today with a TGN silver tip for nearly a minute. The lather was very rich and lasted the full three passes with a little left over. The shave was very nice, but there is something about it, that I can't quite put my finger on, which leaves me feeling a little let down. I'm not sure what it is or why. It's just kind of like an old girlfriend who had looks AND money, but I just couldn't bring myself to keep it going.

I'll see how it goes next week.

Loaded the dickens out of it today with a TGN silver tip for nearly a minute. The lather was very rich and lasted the full three passes with a little left over. The shave was very nice, but there is something about it, that I can't quite put my finger on, which leaves me feeling a little let down. I'm not sure what it is or why. It's just kind of like an old girlfriend who had looks AND money, but I just couldn't bring myself to keep it going.

I'll see how it goes next week.

Sounds more like you're getting cold feet :biggrin1:
...or you are doing a 'Hugh Grant'!!

Someone wanted pics of Mdc glass butter dish. This glass (butter dish) version is 60g. Its cheaper than the wooden bowl version. But, its a cool dish (IMHO).
I've included my razor (fatboy, in this instance) and brush (Kent BK8) for size comparison. The lid for the dish can actually be used for lathering with my other smaller brush, but its a tight fit with the BK8. But then, I usually face lather anyway...

I've been so won over by this soap - I've bought the wooden bowl (230g) on order. I'll probably transfer the glass dish contents to a shave stick container (for travelling) and use the wooden bowl as my main soap (for the moment) along with MWF.
So this glass dish was an (extravagant) sampler for the wooden bowl(!). But I'm kinda content - SAD curbed (hopefully).
$Mdc1.jpg
$Mdc2.jpg

I'm curious, when did they change from 170 grams to 200 grams for the jar? I ordered in January and it was 170 grams then. The physical measurements they have for the jar on the website are still the ones for the 170 gram jar...

I'm in Canada so all bets are off for shipped pricing in a group buy but I would be interested in getting the Fougere when they release it for sure!

The glass is naturally resistance and noble, allows to prepare the paste at 110° without changing the essential oils.
Marriage of glass, kraft and aluminium: Beautiful and highly “Masculine”!
Net weight 200g

they did this last month...but raised the price a few bux per jar.

The glass is naturally resistance and noble, allows to prepare the paste at 110° without changing the essential oils.
Marriage of glass, kraft and aluminium: Beautiful and highly “Masculine”!
Net weight 200g

they did this last month...but raised the price a few bux per jar.

Thanks. I think it went up from 34 Euros. Still a big jar of soap though.

Top Bottom