What's new

My Stoopid Legs

I went to try on some jeans at Men's Wearhouse and found my inseam is right between sizes. A 30" is too short and 32" is too long! After trying on a dozen or so pairs, I decided to get two pairs at 32" and have them hemmed, something ive never done with my jeans before but I am tired of the baggy bunched up look down by my wolverine 1000 Mile boots and the tattered bottoms after three or four wears.

Does anyone else have this issue with jeans? :w00t:

I find the cut of the jeans has a lot to do with the length as well I mostly use slacks and prefer to have them hemmed that way I know they will fit perfect

Legion

Staff member
My legs are really long, so I usually have trouble finding ones that are long enough that fit my waist.

I find myself between inseam sizes quite frequently. Usually I'll just accept the extra length rather than go through the trouble to get them tailored. Slacks are a different story, but laziness wins out over the jeans.

When I wear running shoes or boots, they fit me great, when I wear light shoes like pumas or adidas sambas, some drag, I have a 34 inseam. Day to Day though, trousers are bloused, as per navy instruction

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I went to try on some jeans at Men's Wearhouse and found my inseam is right between sizes. A 30" is too short and 32" is too long! After trying on a dozen or so pairs, I decided to get two pairs at 32" and have them hemmed, something ive never done with my jeans before but I am tired of the baggy bunched up look down by my wolverine 1000 Mile boots and the tattered bottoms after three or four wears.

Does anyone else have this issue with jeans? :w00t:

Yes. Exactly the same issue as you have. Jeans are tough to alter and if you do find a place that will alter them it never looks right. You would think in this day and age with shipping from centralized warehouses the odd sizes would be available . . on average they must be cheesing off half their customers.

Aloha,

Try having a 29" inseam. Always looking for only 30" length. The 32" length can be hemmed to 29 but the crotch of the jeans hangs unusually low.

Mahalo

If your pants' crotch is too low it's not a function of pants length, but of improper rise. Rise is the distance from the waistband to the crotch seam.

There are short, low and regular rise pants. Which will fit you best depends on your leg-to-torso ratio, on whether you have relatively long or short legs. You could be tall with long legs, average legs or short legs. Or you could be short with long legs, average or long legs.

If you have relative to your body short legs, stick with regular rise pants. If you have relatively long legs, try low rise pants.

So next time you buy pants, compare the fit of short low and regular rise pants and the differences should become very obvious.

When buying pants, first find out proper waist size and rise for pants with the about appropriate length. Once you have determined proper rise, then find the perfect leg length.

Last edited:
Top Bottom