What's new

My Speick Cream Got Hard

I have a fairly new tube of Speick (open about 2 months and being in rotation, only used a few times). I turn off the AC in my apartment during the day and with all the heat we have been having in NYC, my apartment gets pretty hot when I am at work. So the Speick in the tube got hard and waxy - I can hardly get it out of the tube and then it is a lot of work to get it to dissolve in a lathering bowl. So I decided to cut the end of the tube off and squish the cream-paste out into a bowl to try using as a soap.

When I took a tube of Spieck with me to Nicaragua last year the same thing happened, so I am pretty sure that this is happening because of the heat. But all of my other creams seem to be OK. Does anybody know what is in Spieck that is causing this?

I had a tube with this problem. The only hard stuff was in the tip. Once past that there was a glorious soft creamy center!

So I decided to cut the end of the tube off and squish the cream-paste out into a bowl to try using as a soap.

That's the answer to the practical what-to-do-about-it-now part of your question. Tom's creams were notorious like this, but those creams are easily my favorite soft soap now! :thumbup:

Top Bottom