What's new

My Son’s First Shave

AB63865E-D0FF-4E87-A10C-3008C7105299.jpeg

MY “Little Guy” entered the brotherhood today. Just past birthday #13, his Mom asked if we could do something about the “mustache” this weekend. I had ordered the Gillette for him some time ago planning for this day, and gave him pick of my den for soap and after shave. He chose well. A few passes and it was over with no blood or tears. A proud day for both of us!

I often wish I would have been into traditional shaving earlier so I could have had the same experience with my son, but it turned out that he introduced me to the 'hobby'. A far cry from the wonderful experience you were able to have, but I still value that it's something he and I can share (enable) each other with.

Sincere and heartfelt condolences to you and your wife. It's such a small thing but it's quite a big step into the next phase in his life. Enjoy your memories as you now look forward.

Congratulations!
One small note, the head of the razor is assembled incorrectly. As in, the bottom plate is installed upside down.

Other than that, everything looks ǝɯosǝʍɐ. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
Congratulations!
One small note, the head of the razor is assembled incorrectly. As in, the bottom plate is installed upside down.

Other than that, everything looks awesome. :biggrin1:

You are correct, sir! I really hadn’t noticed. Actually for the pic there wasn’t a blade in it either. He put it together, I snapped the picture then showed him how to load the blade without getting cut and re-assemble it.

cool stuff :)

my boy is #12 I am a photographer and do headshots had a client coming in so had my boy step in to test some lighting was looking close and going OK reckon around your lads age mine will need a clean up :)

time flies for sure

I've handed down three used cars to my youngest (recently celebrated his #30) over the years and effectively "killed" every one of them, but I've given him two GEM 1912s a Gillette Slim and Old Type over the past two years and they are all still operating efficiently and effectively. Either he's grown up and become more responsible and takes care of his stuff (we won't talk about the Vikings Chieftan that was destroyed by an ex, otherwise known as "she who shall not be named"), or vintage razors are damn near indestructible or some combination of the two...

Top Bottom