What's new

My Son's First Shave!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
My son had his first shave ever! He has very light hair, and he put it off as long as he could. But mom put her foot down and told him to shave. The boy is 17. He had done a fair number of DE shaves with no blade growing up, so there were no real surprises for either of us. I gave him a brand new Green Rocket brush, a new tub of Don Marco, a pack of Astra SPs, and late 40s post war Tech head on a stainless handle. He did really well. Solid 2 pass BBS with zero blood loss. A chip off the old block!
20190314_144950.jpg

Excellent. Now watch out. He will confiscate some of your gear. To date I have lost my timeless 0.68 OC and Gillette Slim
He does have good taste razors. :001_smile

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Excellent. Now watch out. He will confiscate some of your gear. To date I have lost my timeless 0.68 OC and Gillette Slim
He does have good taste razors. :001_smile
I give him his current setup. It would be my pleasure to give him anything he wants from my collection.

My son had his first shave ever! He has very light hair, and he put it off as long as he could. But mom put her foot down and told him to shave. The boy is 17. He had done a fair number of DE shaves with no blade growing up, so there were no real surprises for either of us. I gave him a brand new Green Rocket brush, a new tub of Don Marco, a pack of Astra SPs, and late 40s post war Tech head on a stainless handle. He did really well. Solid 2 pass BBS with zero blood loss. A chip off the old block!
View attachment 962641
well done, your son is a very lucky boy :badger: gilette techs are excellent razors

Lucky kid. My stepdad, who shaved with a DE, gave me a bloody electric as my first razor in the early 60s. I dumped it when I went to college, but it still took me 45 years of injector and carts before I learned how to properly wetshave shave with a DE and brush and finally enjoy shaving.

Top Bottom