What's new

My son's first DE shave....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So, my son is 18, and came to me yesterday asking for a real razor. His peach fuzz is not so fuzzy anymore. He thinks he is ready to toss the electric, lol. So I gave him 20180407_190005.jpg my first ever DE razor that I bought used, on the Bay. It's a Razorock TTO. Showed him how to load it with a GSB. Hope he enjoys it!

That's raising him right! My son used a 1912 for his first shave of his 14 year old fuzzstache. I gave him my 76 black handle superspeed since then.

That's great to see. This is the beginning to his wetshaving addiction. I wish my father or grandfather hooked me in at an early age.

I wish I had stuck with it. I saw started DE as my first razor, the got distracted by first injectors then cartridge razors before coming back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

Thanks gents! He reports that it went well! Hope he sticks with it. I told him he's probably one of only .00001% of guys his age using a DE in this country.

Well done, dad. I sent my son a starter kit but still hasn't used it. Too bad I'm nine time zones away from him or I could give him a lesson or two. Or, at least pester him in person.

Awesome, I started my Son in Law and daughter wet shaving, its a good feeling to help them get a better shave than the electric I started with

FarmerTan

Well done, dad. I sent my son a starter kit but still hasn't used it. Too bad I'm nine time zones away from him or I could give him a lesson or two. Or, at least pester him in person.
Lol, pester him in person. 18 year olds are funny. He had absolutely no interest in my hobby until this week. Then he mentioned that his acne was better without drinking soda. And I realized that maybe the electric razor might be causing issues. He really liked the combination I gave him. Hope he sticks with it.

Last edited:
I hooked the Rev579, Jr. up with a few razors and brushes. He fell in love with the Maggard B&W, the Slim, and ToOBS creams.
That first shave 35 years ago as a kid still lingers in my memory. Our hope as parents should be that we transmit to our kids, not only, not less, but greater than it was transmitted to us.

Great job Dad. You gotta love it-A Real Razor.

FarmerTan

I hooked the Rev579, Jr. up with a few razors and brushes. He fell in love with the Maggard B&W, the Slim, and ToOBS creams.
That first shave 35 years ago as a kid still lingers in my memory. Our hope as parents should be that we transmit to our kids, not only, not less, but greater than it was transmitted to us.

Great job Dad. You gotta love it-A Real Razor.
Thanks gents. Wise words.
Nice job. The rest will be up to him.

That's awesome Sir. One of my most treasured memories is teaching my son to shave with a DE. I hope it means as much to him one day as it does to me.

Well done. My grandad gave me an old gillette at 16 and taught me. I done the same for my son when the time came.

FarmerTan

I know it means more to me than it does to youse guys, but I'll keep you posted, lol.

Top Bottom