What's new

My son turned 13

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
My oldest son turned 13 today. I am a bit taken aback by the man he is starting to become. He's learning to let go of fear and starting to think things through. He's becoming certain. This dad, is a bit emotional over it. What a great time in his life I get to be apart of.

I set him up with his first shaving kit for his birthday. It consisted of some very special things: A 1959 Gillette Fatboy I purchased from @ackvil; A tub of Captain's Choice from @Captain Pre-Capsize; A beautiful shave brush from a guy who came in around here the same time I did, Steve (@Graydog). These guys are a few of the guys I have felt a bond too since joining and_or have the utmost respect for. Thank you, gents for your example.

I rounded out things with some GSB blades, Nivea balm, a CC lather bowl and a nice canvas Dopp. *I also gave him a cartridge razor (Mach3) and canned goo as a back up; kids need options.*

He enjoyed his day. We had fun. Life is good.
20210908_163644.jpg

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
WOW! My dad handed me a Norelco, YUK!!! Had to learn how to wet shave with a Gillette Sensor and Foamy Gel. Taught my kid how to wet shave from the get go, with a Gillette Tech and Barbasol which has been his go to, until he swiped my Henson!

I'm a little jealous. My dad was a wet shaver, who I remember in the early 1940's shaved with a brass colored Gillette razor (maybe a Gillette Good Will?).

He taught me zero about shaving. Though he shaved daily, shaving was not a priority to him. I had my first shave with a newly purchased Gillette Black Tip Super Speed on my 15th birthday in November 1951. I shaved my upper lip only, and I was proud and pleased with the result.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
My oldest son turned 13 today. I am a bit taken aback by the man he is starting to become. He's learning to let go of fear and starting to think things through. He's becoming certain. This dad, is a bit emotional over it. What a great time in his life I get to be apart of.

I set him up with his first shaving kit for his birthday. It consisted of some very special things: A 1959 Gillette Fatboy I purchased from @ackvil; A tub of Captain's Choice from @Captain Pre-Capsize; A beautiful shave brush from a guy who came in around here the same time I did, Steve (@Graydog). These guys are a few of the guys I have felt a bond too since joining and_or have the utmost respect for. Thank you, gents for your example.

I rounded out things with some GSB blades, Nivea balm, a CC lather bowl and a nice canvas Dopp. *I also gave him a cartridge razor (Mach3) and canned goo as a back up; kids need options.*

He enjoyed his day. We had fun. Life is good.View attachment 1325094
Outstanding Adam 👏
Who was more excited, your son or you 😋
You know the car keys are next on the list 😂
How was the cake 🎂?

My 14yr old started shaving this year. He has been using some Gillette sensor blades i found the back of my bathroom drawer. He also informed me that he will be stealing my Henson later this year. His own shaving kit is a wonderful idea. I have a few months to put one together.
My dad handed me a Braun electric shaver which I happily used for many years. I switched to DE last year and really enjoy it. Options are a good thing!
Great job! And thanks for the idea

Top Bottom