What's new

My son gave me his old Seiko.

After my hat debacle I was due for some better luck. I was talking to my wife about saving for the Seiko watch I mentioned in another thread. My Son overheard and he hollered from his room "Dad you can just have mine, I don't wear it and it needs a new battery". I didn't know he had one but sure enougj he showed me a decent simple looking older model Seiko watch. I replaced the battery and set the time and date and I'm in business. It's not the mechanical watch I wanted but hey it was free and I like it. I'm checking the watch off my list.
20190826_183807.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Excellent
My father has 2 of my watches.
He saw them, liked them, and “borrowed “ them.
He’s my dad!!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Excellent
My father has 2 of my watches.
He saw them, liked them, and “borrowed “ them.
He’s my dad!!
You are blessed. My dad would sometimes borrow my ties. Miss him every day. Thanks brother for the memories.

Sharp watch. I like that design. The tapered bands are nice and make the watch look more streamlined.

My Dad has an old Seiko Perpetual Motion from probably the 70s or 80s, but I don't think it keeps time well, so it isn't used.

Amen. Son's own your heart.

I was just thinking that myself, and I dont even have one.

There comes a point in life when you think what am I going to do with all the watches, pens, paintings and even tools that I have bought or were passed down to me, a son could be very useful indeed.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was just thinking that myself, and I dont even have one.

There comes a point in life when you think what am I going to do with all the watches, pens, paintings and even tools that I have bought or were passed down to me, a son could be very useful indeed.
Life is funny. In so many ways my son is me. But in others he is so much better.
He is driven, whereas I was laid back. He's a sentimentalist like me. But like his mother he has no problem with positions of authority, either with being a supervisor or a subservient.

I'm a collector, he has no interest in my coins, books, etc. My only hope is grandkids that I might be able to corrupt, ha.

Dave

Top Bottom