What's new

My soap tub is too full!!!

I have some wonderful shaving soaps. But I notice with many of the soap tubs are filled to the brim, which leaves very little room for working up a lather before it overflows and makes a bit of a mess. I do have a few soaps where the soap maker has left a bit of space between the top of the soap and the brim so I can swirl the brush, work up a lather and keep all the product contained in the tub (Soap Commander is a good example of this). I know some like the idea of getting their money's worth so they like to see it filled to the top of the tub. I like a bit of space in my soap tubs. What about you? I this a pet peeve? Or a non-issue?

Interesting question!

I guess that I (usually) avoid this question by purchasing hard soap pucks that I put in my own containers. Another option might be to load your brush in the container, then use a lather bowl.

You can transfer all or part of the soap to a larger container or loading bowl. Alternatively, you can remove one-half the soap and store it in a ziploc container to make some room.

I like the loading bowl approach. A large bowl gives you enough room to load your brush no matter what size container the soap originally came in.

I used to mind but once I started using a slightly less wet brush and going easier, I no longer have any issues (at least shaving related). Then again, I build the lather on my face, not the container from whence it came.

It depends on the soap too. Tabac and MdC need so little loading that it doesn’t even really look like you loaded anything until you start lathering it up. Soap Commander plays completely different and you need a good looking load before you try to lather it up.

I use a damp brush when loading, then add water when I face lather, same would apply for bowl. Its a lot less messier than when loading is very wet/runny. This helps a lot on full containers.

Typically, soaps that ship in plastic tubs will have 4-5 oz of soap in a 6-8 oz container. If you purchase soaps in tins, they are usually close to full. If you have only a few soaps, the larger containers are nice to allow room for loading. However, if you have a lot of soaps, the tins take up less storage space. I do find it is easier to load from the larger tubs, as it is not as messy as loading from tins, but it is not a big deal either way.

I build my lather in a scuttle and many times will just scoop out some soap into it and build my lather. So it’s a non issue for me.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;4yr/10yr Sabbatical

Non issue, Soap is relatively inexpensive. I load over the sink regardless but loading heavy and with a more than damp brush seems to work for me. Again, I get my best shaves when I load heavy with a more than damp brush, suds be
damned.

I am one of those who loves to get my money's worth. What I do is when loading my brush for my shave I do it holding the tub sideways over a lather bowl. This way as the lather begins to build up any excess tends to just fall into the bowl. Once I'm done loading I use my finger to scoop up any remaining lather that has built up along the rim of the tub as well as any lather still in the tub. I scoop up as much as I can from inside the tub and on the soap itself and put it in the lather bowl. Then I can begin to work up my lather in the lather bowl to get it to the consistency I want. I let the tub of soap sit without it's lid on overnight so it can dry out and in the morning I put the lid on and stack it with my other soaps to await it's turn for it's next shave.

I am one of those who loves to get my money's worth. What I do is when loading my brush for my shave I do it holding the tub sideways over a lather bowl. This way as the lather begins to build up any excess tends to just fall into the bowl. Once I'm done loading I use my finger to scoop up any remaining lather that has built up along the rim of the tub as well as any lather still in the tub. I scoop up as much as I can from inside the tub and on the soap itself and put it in the lather bowl. Then I can begin to work up my lather in the lather bowl to get it to the consistency I want. I let the tub of soap sit without it's lid on overnight so it can dry out and in the morning I put the lid on and stack it with my other soaps to await it's turn for it's next shave.
Mama taught you well -not like many of todays' spendthrifts.

Usually
I get a full tub and give a big part away. And I take a little out every time with a butter knife and load/lather that in a separate bowl so no issue

I try to buy replacement pucks when they are available and then put them into an empty tub with adequate space. So I guess I share your pet peeve - plus I am trying not to consume so much plastic - I already have a house full of the stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one and only one solution to your problems my friend...shave sticks :lol:

And all of you guys that say full tub means better deal...sorry to burst your bubble IT DOESN'T. It's an illusion. If you purchased 100gr of soap you will get 100gr of soap no matter if you get it in a tub that barely holds it or in a bucket.

Load your brush on the puck then use a lather bowl.

Timeless_WD.JPG

@MntnMan62, I am a face latherer,... so I am wondering if holding the soap container directly overhead as I start to load so as to catch any excess right in the ol' face might be feasible? I suppose one would have to wear safety goggles to prevent the proto-lather suds from getting in the eyes! Just a thought.

Top Bottom