What's new

My Simple Blade Safe for Blade Disposal-Share Your Ideas?

Since I am buying blades by the 100 Box I needed a safe way to store spent blades for disposal. I didn't like the old soup can sitting out and didn't like the commercial ones. I wanted one I could toss in my drawer for later disposal. Since I'm getting a bit older I had a lot of old Rx Bottles around with child proof lids. You could add a drop of super glue to the bottle threads to permanently close the lid.
$Bladesafe2.jpg$Bladesafe1.jpg

That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I recently threw out my first blade this past Monday, and I placed it in the packaging of the new one and tossed it in the trash can. Is that not okay to do?

That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I recently threw out my first blade this past Monday, and I placed it in the packaging of the new one and tossed it in the trash can. Is that not okay to do?

It's not courteous to those who may handle your trash. Otherwise, what does it really matter?

Personally, I just use a glass jar with a screw on lid, to dispose of my blades. After 8 months of DE shaving, I have a 3/4" stack of blades at the bottom. I would like to get my hands on one of those metal tins, though.

I use the paper boxes that they come in. One 5 blade box holds 20 or more used blades. A little tape and then toss. Done.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I just drop them in the slot at the back of my medicine cabinet.

I remember those ...

I use a vitamin bottle; like that but wide enough for the blades to lay flat.

By the time THAT sucker's filled, well. We should have waterfront property in the Rockies.

AA

Coolest yet simplest one I've seen is a "pig" piggybank from a dollar store. I use a emptied broth can that I punched a slot into the top of.

I drop mine into a glass jar filled with water. After a few months there's nothing but a red sludge at the bottom. I dry this out, mix it with eggs, flower, and chocolate chips. Form into balls and bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes or until done. Then I put them on a plate and into the fridge at work where the same person who steals my lunch takes them.

I punched a hole in a used Barbasol can and started using it! I use only shave soaps now. Today is my second day of using a DE razor and it was another great shave! I can't believe that I hadn't started this earlier!

My wife has these Odwalla juice bottles that are left over. Not huge, but they're wide enough for the blades to sit flat, and I've not even covered the bottom of it yet, despite having put 30-40 used blades in there. I think it'll last me quite a few years. :)

I just took my Dremel tool out and cut a slot in the lid, used a hot glue gun to seal the lid closed, and now I've got a blade bank that took me 5 minutes worth of my time to make. :) The wife has one for her DE razor too!

I just drop them in the slot at the back of my medicine cabinet.

I did this too until I realized that the previous owner of my house did a little remodeling and the blades were just ending up on the floor of the closet in the bedroom. I've been eyeballing a Red Star yeast jar as my next blade bank since my generic white one from WCS is almost full

Awesome, idea thank you for sharing.. perfect timing as I was getting ready to buy one, but think I will try your method first.

I picked up one of those reusable tin blade banks that I keep in the very back of my vanity drawer for convenience. I snagged an empty plastic bottle that my dog's fish oil supplements come in. I figure I'll dump the tin into the bottle as it fills and keep the bottle in my closet until it gets full. By then my kids should be in college.

Top Bottom