What's new

my sheraton doors are hard to open, please help!

well just got my sheraton today, almost mint, but the doors are hard to open, any advise?

Last edited:
Could be some build-up in it, or it could be like my senator which has apparently been dropped at some point. The metal is pinched together at one end making it bind a little. A telltale sign of that would be to look and see if the blade holder is coming up unevenly.

Could be some build-up in it, or it could be like my senator which has apparently been dropped at some point. The metal is pinched together at one end making it bind a little. A telltale sign of that would be to look and see if the blade holder is coming up unevenly.

no, it comes up even, i put it in olive oil few hours, its a little looser. maybe leave in longer in olive oil?

Find yourself some CLR, Dilute to half strength, or a bit less and work it into any openings that go down inside you can, a bit at the top, and a bit from the bottom and it should help.

Be careful where you drip it, but most importantly, rinse thoroughly when finished.

Just my Not so smooth TTO fix.

I wish that my Sheraton that I recently got was that easily fixed, I have a malfunctioning/missing retaining ring, not to mention some serious brassing on the doors.

Good luck,

JD

I'd use something other than olive oil. Start with an overnight soak (or longer) in a dish soap or oxyclean solution. If that doesn't help, then maybe mineral oil, but I'm not certain about the effect it'd have on the gold finish.

For some reason your post title made me think of a favorite Far Side comic :smile:. Thanks!

proxy.php

I'd use something other than olive oil. Start with an overnight soak (or longer) in a dish soap or oxyclean solution. If that doesn't help, then maybe mineral oil, but I'm not certain about the effect it'd have on the gold finish.

For some reason your post title made me think of a favorite Far Side comic :smile:. Thanks!

proxy.php

Classic!

My first thought would be mineral oil as well.

Mineral oil will have no effect on the finish,but is good for the inner workings of the razor.

I've used mineral oil for lubrication to good effect. I've also used 3 in 1 machine oil to loosen up gunk, but it has a definite scent that is not so great in the bathroom or shave den. Good luck!

Top Bottom