What's new

My shaving journey in Paris !

Hi guys ! I just wanted to share with you some pictures that I took this morning of 2 shaving shops in Paris, France.

I live in the subburb of Paris and usually avoid going to the city, but I planned this tour with a friend for a while. The goal was to visit the boutiques, talk with the owners and share the pictures on B&B. We did not buy anything (cause like most of you we already have too many items lol)

metro.jpg

The first shop we entered is «Planete rasoir». It’s a well known shaving shop in Paris and I have to say that the visit really worth it ! Plenty wood decoration, showcases everywhere and the owner is a passionate. You can see famous brands in the pictures but the shop mainly proposes french brands (that makes sense). A lot of gorgeous Plisson brushes, Thiers Issard straights...and we spoke with the owner and the employees for a long time also. They were very kind !

The boutique also has a barber shop inside with 2 barberettes ^^

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

After one hour spent at Planete rasoir,we walked for 15min and went to the Kindal boutique. It is a small and beautiful shop owned by Carolinewho is the great-grand.daughter of Magnus Kindal himself !
She welcomed us very well and we had a long conversation with her, it was obviously very interesting. She’s writing a book right now about her family,
To be cleared, MK engraved on the straights means Magnus Kindal and BK means Bertha Kindal.

The huge presentation straight razor that you can see is from 1904 and was exposed at the Opera shop where they used to have their boutique back in the days.
As you certainly know, Kindal straights are among the best luxury straights on the market and we were not disappointed by what we saw ! See pictures ^^

Here is the end of this little journey in Paris and I hope you will enjoy the pictures :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I think if I were 20 years younger, I'd be packing my bags. Besides, where else can you get a decent baguette??

Top Bottom