What's new

My shave results; edge comparisons.

Arks don't really scratch the way that backing is. Sometimes you get the wrinkle grooves from repeat use on hards but not really scratches. An ark glued to a good quality bhone isn't the dumbest idea ever. Can use oil on both, the ark would tamp down some of the more undesirable aspects of a typical bhone edge that you usually need to stay on a strop longer than you typically would want to in order to reel in.

SliceOfLife

Contributor
It's working good now. Might be a couple days before I get to shave test it, but looking forward to it. Definitely a soft one though.

So far out of everything I tried the norton razor hone has been the finest bhone, at least that is how I perceived it, but the wedgeway has been the best to shave with by a fair margin. The ruby hone is fine enough but not wholly comfortable. Would rather a ruby edge than a 00 though. The rest are all over the map. Good swatys are very good.

Dcaddo

Moderator Emeritus
Norton Razor Hone.
I had a feeling you would end up with that one. I started to chase it down but figured I’d be bidding against one of you guys and didn’t want the wifey to cold shoulder me for a week. It was much easier buying stones when I was single.

I tend not to engage on stones that aren't bins anymore apart from the odd tracking bid unless it is really poorly listed

Dcaddo

Moderator Emeritus
I browse eBay and literally think to myself yep Ian will get that one, and that one, and that one. Lol. Back when we were both heavily buying stones we’d check with each other before bidding so we weren’t constantly fighting over the same stones.

SliceOfLife

Contributor
I browse eBay and literally think to myself yep Ian will get that one, and that one, and that one. Lol. Back when we were both heavily buying stones we’d check with each other before bidding so we weren’t constantly fighting over the same stones.
I’d still encourage you to heads up me if you’re gonna go after one with more than a throwaway bid. It’s rare I find stones I must have any more. Most of my buys are just because it’s a good deal. I’ll sit out on anything I know you are really interested in.