What's new

My Shave Den app now available to download

Hi guys:

I seen this app mentioned on one of IAMCDB videos a week or two ago about it getting released in the coming weeks, and thought I would mention about it on here, in case anyone is interested in it.

From the developers description:

Meet your new digital shaving companion. Trying to remember which razor and blade combination gave you that BBS shave? Or which bowl gave your soap a perfectly peaked lather? Have you forgotten about some of your old favorites that have fallen out of the standard rotation?

My Shave Den is the all in one app to help you track, log, and review your shaves on the go.

Features:
- Keep a digital replica of your den with the ability to track metrics including aggression ratings, scent categories, and equipment materials.
- Log your shaves with details such as blade uses, number of passes, equipment combinations, and notes.
- Capture Shave of the Day photos.
- Review your most used hardware and software to see what equipment is consistently giving you the best shaves at a glance.
- Share your shaves to your favorite shave groups.
- Feeling stuck for inspiration? Look back on a top rated shave and repeat it in as little as one tap.
- Built-in search allows you to find the last time an item was used and what it was paired with.
- iCloud sync keeps your data backed up and always available.
- Add custom scent categories to perfectly describe your software.
- Explore new products and shave videos right on the app home screen; updated daily.

Keep track of your:
- Razors
- Brushes
- Bowls
- Blades
- Preshaves
- Soaps
- Splashes
- Balms

Here's the link to the app in the AppStore:
‎My Shave Den - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/my-shave-den/id1581646387

This seems to be a pretty nicely put together app, oriented toward DE/SE which is fine. I think the main thing missing for me is for the inventory of gear to allow one or more photographs to be stored with each item. On the inventory side it might also be nice to include a cost field. Horrifying to contemplate, but for the sake of robustness as an inventory app :)

But have to say, it seems a very nice app and well suited to tracking SOTD and gear use. Much better than the journal format I use which works fine as a historical record, but does not provide the sort of slice-and-dice views this app does.

This seems to be a pretty nicely put together app, oriented toward DE/SE which is fine. I think the main thing missing for me is for the inventory of gear to allow one or more photographs to be stored with each item. On the inventory side it might also be nice to include a cost field. Horrifying to contemplate, but for the sake of robustness as an inventory app :)

But have to say, it seems a very nice app and well suited to tracking SOTD and gear use. Much better than the journal format I use which works fine as a historical record, but does not provide the sort of slice-and-dice views this app does.

If you have any suggestions, send an email to him, there is a place on the app to contact them. He answers and is open to suggestions. He told me he has a running log of suggestions and seeing how or if he can work them in. I emailed him and asked if he could add a notes section on the inventory as I like to keep notes on things like latherabilty, how a blade performed with a certain razor, etc and he had an update the next day with notes added.

What I like about the My Shave Den app over Shave Buddy app, which I used for the last year plus, is that with My Shave Den you can search the SOTD, including the notes so I don’t have to look back through every shave to see what I said about a certain blade or when I made a remark about doing something different with a soap next time I use it.

Hi guys:

I seen this app mentioned on one of IAMCDB videos a week or two ago about it getting released in the coming weeks, and thought I would mention about it on here, in case anyone is interested in it.

From the developers description:

Meet your new digital shaving companion. Trying to remember which razor and blade combination gave you that BBS shave? Or which bowl gave your soap a perfectly peaked lather? Have you forgotten about some of your old favorites that have fallen out of the standard rotation?

My Shave Den is the all in one app to help you track, log, and review your shaves on the go.

Features:
- Keep a digital replica of your den with the ability to track metrics including aggression ratings, scent categories, and equipment materials.
- Log your shaves with details such as blade uses, number of passes, equipment combinations, and notes.
- Capture Shave of the Day photos.
- Review your most used hardware and software to see what equipment is consistently giving you the best shaves at a glance.
- Share your shaves to your favorite shave groups.
- Feeling stuck for inspiration? Look back on a top rated shave and repeat it in as little as one tap.
- Built-in search allows you to find the last time an item was used and what it was paired with.
- iCloud sync keeps your data backed up and always available.
- Add custom scent categories to perfectly describe your software.
- Explore new products and shave videos right on the app home screen; updated daily.

Keep track of your:
- Razors
- Brushes
- Bowls
- Blades
- Preshaves
- Soaps
- Splashes
- Balms

Here's the link to the app in the AppStore:
‎My Shave Den - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/my-shave-den/id1581646387
Will a version for android be coming out, or have you heard?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm an Android and Linux only user. My first PC was an Apple IIE and it was the last Apple product I ever bought. I didn't like their walled garden approach to hardware and software.

If I had to guess, the developer has no interest in anything but iOS, which is unfortunate as he's missing out on a substantial revenue stream.

But in any case, the "Shaving Buddy" app is available for Android users. I find it adequate, although it hasn't been updated in several years.

I had used the Shaving Buddy app for years and was generally satisfied until recently. For some unknown reason, the app will no longer allow for backing up or restoring which means that all of my data is at risk of being lost. Multiple support requests were unanswered and the app appears to no longer be available in the Apple App Store.

I purchased the Pro version (face it, if we are tracking shaves, it is necessary to properly inventory our gear).

The app seems to work well and support is responsive. The Pro version needs to be only bought once and with a minor setting click can be used across multiple devices with automatic iCloud Syncing. The old information cannot be imported but there is a field for previous uses so that statistic will not be lost.

Wow people love APPs, maybe I am strange, I live most of life without APP’s.

But I get young people grew up with Computers and Smart Phones.

I grew up using paper, pencil, or Pen. I save envelopes to make to do lists.

Top Bottom