What's new

My September Challenge

Aloha,

I have accumulated a small collection of watches. Breitling, Citizen, GShock, Hamilton, Longines, Movado, Omega, Oris, Rolex, Seiko, Timex, Tissot, Tudor, and Victorinox, with the exception of the Rolex, all inexpensive to moderately expensive watches. I have always chosen a watch depending on what I'm wearing and how I feel that day. Never wearing the same watch more than one day a week.

My challenge for September is to pick a watch and wear it all week. Yes, that means only 4 watches worn through the month but, I'm not sure how I'll be after wearing one watch everyday for a whole week (might freak out.) If it turns out okay I will continue until I get through my whole collection.

Should be interesting.

Wish me luck

Mahalo,

Dennis Loo

Salut,

That's an excellent idea. What good is a watch that just stays in the drawer? When I was younger, I liked having large collections of things. Now that I'm older, I prefer to limit myself a bit, and not have so many possessions. I've got three wristwatches, which I more or less rotate. Recently, I was considering buying a new watch, but I thought better of it. The other watches might be sad if they had to stay home too much.

Cheers,
Gauthier

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have hundreds of watches mainly Seiko’s, Citizen’s etc. I wear the one watch day after day. I should mix it up but I just wear my trusty old Seiko 5 that I bought almost 30 years ago. Maybe I have too many to choose from.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great project keep us posted
One main concern or driver of my watch selection is water. Is the watch going to get wet or a dunk? Otherwise i wear something for days or weeks. Im also embarrassed to say ive stopped being concerned with setting the date when i change watchs now.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My dress watch is an Omega, but I recently purchased a Samsung Active 2 smart watch (golf edition) with an incredible number of faces available. In keeping with your challenge I'm going to use the same face for at least a week at a time.

Great project keep us posted
One main concern or driver of my watch selection is water. Is the watch going to get wet or a dunk? Otherwise i wear something for days or weeks. Im also embarrassed to say ive stopped being concerned with setting the date when i change watchs now.
I used to think it was only people rotating a number of automatic watches would complain about having a day complication, much less a Day/Date. But once I started tracking the long term accuracy of a few quartz watches I stopped correcting the date at the beginning of the month out of concern for accidentally hacking the movement. So now hardly any of my watches have anything other than correct time. :laugh: A first world type of problem....if everone only had one watch and wore it every day.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I used to think it was only people rotating a number of automatic watches would complain about having a day complication, much less a Day/Date. But once I started tracking the long term accuracy of a few quartz watches I stopped correcting the date at the beginning of the month out of concern for accidentally hacking the movement. So now hardly any of my watches have anything other than correct time. :laugh: A first world type of problem....if everone only had one watch and wore it every day.
Indeed!
Just as having more watches in the collection needing service than ready for use.

Top Bottom