What's new

My second straight

All in all I don't think I did too bad. I have been using a straight for a few months, but only with in the last week have I truly used only the straight.

Anyway, to get to the point, I won an auction on the bay this evening for a Wade & Butcher - 380139521887

I'm hoping it will be a good razor, but it looks like it will need some TLC.

Here's a picture of my current set up. ;)

proxy.php

Good to see a fellow canuck investing in the straight craze, here's a wade and butcher I recently got off the bay not a week or two ago, note the wacky "improved tang" it's huge!(the spine needs some 1500 sandpapering though)

P.S. I live in Waterloo most of the year, and while I'm not a honemeister persay, I've got a decent setup, so drop me a line if you're in a tight honing spot!

B

BrightFutur

That's quite a tang!

In 24 days I'll be another Ontario straight razor owner.

We should all meet up!

Good to see a fellow canuck investing in the straight craze, here's a wade and butcher I recently got off the bay not a week or two ago, note the wacky "improved tang" it's huge!(the spine needs some 1500 sandpapering though)

P.S. I live in Waterloo most of the year, and while I'm not a honemeister persay, I've got a decent setup, so drop me a line if you're in a tight honing spot!

I want it.
:001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

just a norton 4k/8k and a diamond flattening stone really, but I have a couple 1k oilstones if i really need to grind something out, oh also a rotary dremel (good for more things than you'd think, especially polishing, and I've ground the cracked heel off of one razor with it just recently).

(I've also got a 4-sided TM paddle strop on the way since diamond paste will be more effective than my current linen methinks)

without regards to hone-work, i've also got an edwin jagger brush, a crappy old strop(soon to be replaced by a TM as well), and i'm cheap, so right now i'm using prorasso white.

(assuming you were even talking to me of course...):lol:

Yah I thought it was pretty swell, got it for 25 bucks too, no idea why the tang was "improved" though, it has:

curly NY
"aristos"

on the back of the shank, as well as a sideways "A" on each side in case anybody is interested(probably whatever company improved the tang)

just a norton 4k/8k and a diamond flattening stone really, but I have a couple 1k oilstones if i really need to grind something out, oh also a rotary dremel (good for more things than you'd think, especially polishing, and I've ground the cracked heel off of one razor with it just recently).

(I've also got a 4-sided TM paddle strop on the way since diamond paste will be more effective than my current linen methinks)

without regards to hone-work, i've also got an edwin jagger brush, a crappy old strop(soon to be replaced by a TM as well), and i'm cheap, so right now i'm using prorasso white.

(assuming you were even talking to me of course...):lol:

Yes I did mean you, I'm trying to get a feel for an everyman's honing setup. This w&b looks like a good deal, grats on your new razor :biggrin:

All in all I don't think I did too bad. I have been using a straight for a few months, but only with in the last week have I truly used only the straight.

Anyway, to get to the point, I won an auction on the bay this evening for a Wade & Butcher - 380139521887

I'm hoping it will be a good razor, but it looks like it will need some TLC.

Here's the Ebay picture
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom