What's new

My Second Straight Razor.........Historic Le Grelot - P. Hospital&Co.

I had a chance to purchase the brother to my first straight razor.
Figured I would never find these brand new in boxes again, so I just went ahead and bit the bullet.
Designation on the box - Without Mark Mirror- No plating, or inscription/engraving.....just mirror finish.
Designation 188-GMAPB - Green Maple Burl
This is another P. Hospital&Co. variant. 355 6/8
Polish ( as in Poland) Green Maple Burl. It was hard to photograph. You have to have the right lighting.
I bought this kinda as an investment. I don't really need it. To find these new in the box is near impossible.
I've seen a few used ones that were refurbed, really just one. Though it was stamped 355 but the scales didn't match new in box condition. Probably put new scales on it during refurb. It was pitted, no mirror finish. They still wanted 175.00 bucks for it.
Soooooo, I figured I'd just go ahead and buy this one. It will go to a good home one day, or I'll just keep it and it'll have a good home here. lol
It really is pretty to look at. I like it. I mean impeccable finish work. The little dots seen running down the side of the spine is the reflection from the box below. Click to enlarge to see the maple burl in all its glory. The photo does it no justice.

Thanks for looking fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
An absolutely beeuuutiful looking razor. Love the scales.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to have it rescaled?

Wait until the next time you see it. I was gonna sell it, but, I don't think anyone would pay what I want for it.
Sooooooo, yesterday, I sent it out for a re-scale. Trying to salvage the original scales , of course.

It will probably be pretty nice.
Glad you like it. Thanks man
Be well.

Those scales, with the pointed ends, are classic Thiers Issard.

s-l400.jpg
s-l400 (1).jpg
s-l400 (2).jpg
s-l400 (3).jpg
s-l400 (4).jpg
s-l400 (5).jpg

Top Bottom