What's new

My second King C. Gillette Signature Single Ring

Well, friends......sometimes lightning does indeed strike twice! I found my first 1908 (A389558) King C. Gillette Signature single ring on the 'bay for $11 and change last year. Well, this past weekend, I was lucky enough to find another, again on the 'Bay, when the seller accepted my best offer on his listing. This '08 (A376608) has the signature on the underside of the top cap whereas the first one I found has the signature on the underside of the baseplate. The newest one also shows quite a bit of brassing on the knob and top cap. Funny that someone really used this razor, not realizing that it would later be a grail of many collectors. I feel truly blessed....and a little bit lucky......to find two of these in the span of about 11 months. Happy Shaves, Everyone!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I have a '10 and '13. I don't even know if they have signatures on them or not. Have to check them out this evening. Great find!

That signature one is very cool.
I have never seen one of them before.

This one here is from 1914.
21A7ABD9-4E19-4FA1-8A91-EC3603D54B8A.jpeg

I also have one from 1917 and a couple of the clones they made back in the day.

Just recently I started browsing ebay and it seems prices went up a ways on these in the past few years.
Is that correct or did I just get good deals on mine?

Pretty sure I paid 15-20 bucks for both my Gillette’s.

That signature one is very cool.
I have never seen one of them before.

This one here is from 1914.
View attachment 1181474

I also have one from 1917 and a couple of the clones they made back in the day.

Just recently I started browsing ebay and it seems prices went up a ways on these in the past few years.
Is that correct or did I just get good deals on mine?

Pretty sure I paid 15-20 bucks for both my Gillette’s.
Prices have certainly gone up.

Top Bottom