What's new

My Routine- wife says I am Crazy

My wife now understands this hobby, I switch from cartridge to electric then to straight razor, not much de anymore. I love the change and variety, at first she thought I was crazy but she changes hair colors, makeup and hair length, so who’s to say what’s really crazy

My wife is amused that I am now so enthusiastic about shaving- and is generally supportive of any attempts at improved hygiene. She has noticed my expanding razor collection and fortunately was not bothered by the cost. So my conclusion is efforts at improved grooming are appreciated and I think most wives know there are far more expensive hobbies. How about: “I was thinking of getting a boat, but decided on improved grooming and a few razors instead.” At least it is working so far…

My wife is amused that I am now so enthusiastic about shaving- and is generally supportive of any attempts at improved hygiene. She has noticed my expanding razor collection and fortunately was not bothered by the cost. So my conclusion is efforts at improved grooming are appreciated and I think most wives know there are far more expensive hobbies. How about: “I was thinking of getting a boat, but decided on improved grooming and a few razors instead.” At least it is working so far…
So true, amen to that

The ex-Mrs. Wolfus No. 2 liked to watch me shave now and then. For those occasions, instead of my Norelco electric, I'd dig out the double- or triple-bladed razor and the can of Barbasol. (I was much more likely back then to nick myself, so I was really careful.) She said, "I like to watch a man do man things."

She liked the result too. And I liked her reaction. . . .

The ex-Mrs. Wolfus No. 2 liked to watch me shave now and then. For those occasions, instead of my Norelco electric, I'd dig out the double- or triple-bladed razor and the can of Barbasol. (I was much more likely back then to nick myself, so I was really careful.) She said, "I like to watch a man do man things."

I am impressed!

In 44 years, my wife has never watched me shave. She knows that I enjoy DE shaving, but, I am not the collector type. I am satisfied with the razor, brush, and cream that I use. She knows the blades I use, my cream, and after shave. She will pick them up for me, if I ask her, when she is in a particular store. She always asks if I need anything when she runs to the store. My toiletries can all be bought at one or two stores. I keep myself well groomed, so much so, that the women in our family notice, and compliment me on how I look, and then tell their husbands that you should do what he is doing. Most have thin, scraggly beards, or are doing the shadow thing, or letting their hair get a little long. I have a customer service job(local truck driver), in front of people all day, and I think its a plus to look good. My company appreciates it too. That's just me...

Top Bottom