What's new

My Rotation and Review !

$Aftershave Rotation Feb 2 2014 001.jpg Top Left to Right. 1.] St. Charles Dagger Splash - IMHO the scent reminds me of Musgo Real but without the high price and stickiness. Approx $12.00 for a 4 oz Glass Bottle. I get 8 hours plus on the scent. 2.] St Charles Lime Splash. Excellent Lime without any sweetness. Very Masculine. Scent stays with me well over 4 hours. Approx $12..00 for a 4 oz Glass bottle. 3.] Aramis Splash. Reminds me of Pinaud Special Reserve. I pick up on the Tobacco and Leather notes. Long lasting scent. Approx $25.00 at Walmart for a 4oz Glass bottle. 4.] Speick - I pick up on an Orange note. Very nice but I wish the scent would last longer. 4oz Glass bottle. from Amazon. Bottom row left to right. 5.] St. Charles Sandalwood Balm. Excellent. Put it on in the AM and it goes to bed with you in the PM. Smooth Scent. Also a Glass Bottle. 6.] Aramis Moisturizing Balm. Excellent. I pick up on Sandalwood and Almond scent. Very long lasting in a 4oz glass bottle. I find it in on Amazon or Belk's. 7.] 50/50 mix of Pinaud VIBR and Masters Bay rum. Not sticky. Very nice. I add Orange Essential oil. 8.} Classic Aqua Velva. Wonderful. Wish the scent would last longer. I enjoy the St. Charles Shave products. Can't beat the price and quality. Happy Shaving. :001_smile

7.] 50/50 mix of Pinaud VIBR and Masters Bay rum. Not sticky. Very nice. I add Orange Essential oil.

On the mixes - is this the only concoction you've made? I've really wanted to try to make some mixes myself, but I really don't know where to start. Do you just do small amount trial and error before you make a larger mix? Have you found any combinations that are awesome or absolutely terrible together? I'd appreciate any info you could throw my way.

On the mixes - is this the only concoction you've made? I've really wanted to try to make some mixes myself, but I really don't know where to start. Do you just do small amount trial and error before you make a larger mix? Have you found any combinations that are awesome or absolutely terrible together? I'd appreciate any info you could throw my way.

I have made Bay Rum from recipes on site here but prefer this mix the best. Before you mix a large batch try a little in your hands and see if you like. I have also mixed 100proof Vodka, 3 parts Vodka to 1 part water. Then add Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime and Orange essential oil. You have to be a citrus lover for this one. My son's favorite. Shake well before using. Go easy on the Lemon because it can easily overpower. My fav homemade Bay Rum recipe from scratch is; Fill small Mason Jar with Bay Leaves. Over the counter type. 1 Orange Peel chopped into small pieces, 1 small Cinnamon stick broken in half. Small amount of dried Cloves. Fill Mason Jar with 100proof Bay Rum. Let sit 30 days. Shake once daily. After 30 days sift into glass Bottle. Very nice. The above recipe made with Citrus essentials oils can be used right away as long as you shake well. On the Bay Leaves I have tried the imported Ramoosa Leaves but prefer the supermarket leaves better.

Top Bottom