What's new

My Revisor 6-0035

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Not having purchased another SR for a few months now, I decided to pull the trigger again. This time I purchased off the bay in Australia, a "used" Revisor 6-0035, 6/8 full hollow with Bocote timber scales. The vendor claims that it has only been used thrice from new.
$_57.JPG
New price is about USD 165. I picked it up for about USD 125. It should be delivered within a week or two and it will be interesting to see what I actually get.

I chose this SR because I like the looks of it, timber scales and no manufacture's advertising on the scales. No mention was made in the listing as to the condition of the edge but I should be able to get it up to my shave-ready standard if needed.

I hope that it is not so good that I'll have to get another 6 for a M7DS.

Last edited:
Not having purchased another SR for a few months now, I decided to pull the trigger again. This time I purchased off the bay in Australia, a "used" Revisor 6-0035, 6/8 full hollow with Bocote timber scales. The vendor claims that it has only been used thrice from new.
New price is about USD 165. I picked it up for about USD 125. It should be delivered within a week or two and it will be interesting to see what I actually get.

I chose this SR because I like the looks of it, timber scales and no manufacture's advertising on the scales. No mention was made in the listing as to the condition of the edge but I should be able to get it up to my shave-ready standard if needed.

congrats!!!!

put another $5 in the swear jar. you will need six more id wager.

camo

Nice!

I have been eyeing the revisor site, and were very tempted to get a big 8/8th's, blade only, and making some nice scales for it.

It looks like great value for money.

However someone made the remark that the Revisor's grinds are a bit heavier and I don't know if I would like it.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Nice!

I have been eyeing the revisor site, and were very tempted to get a big 8/8th's, blade only, and making some nice scales for it.

It looks like great value for money.

However someone made the remark that the Revisor's grinds are a bit heavier and I don't know if I would like it.
I am use to shaving with 6/8 half hollows. The 6-0035 is claimed to be 6/8 full hollow. What do you mean by "the Revisor's grinds are a bit heavy"?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I am reacting to hear-say, but on the site they describe their razors as full hollow. My preference is more to the extra hollow grinds. One of the reasons I have only bought Filarmonica's for the last year.
Thank you for the explanation. Revisor classify the 6-0035 as full hollow. If it is actually a half hollow I will still be contented.

Let's hope not, as you have sworn to the truthfulness of your "Last M7DS" statement more than once, if I recall. One would not want to be branded dishonest in such a gentlemanly group of goodfellos. :)

I will be interested to see how this all unfolds..... and the undoubted justification of foreseen upcoming M7DS haha

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Let's hope not, as you have sworn to the truthfulness of your "Last M7DS" statement more than once, if I recall. One would not want to be branded dishonest in such a gentlemanly group of goodfellos. :)

I will be interested to see how this all unfolds..... and the undoubted justification of foreseen upcoming M7DS haha
As most M7DS owners know, their last set is always their final set - until the desire for their next set comes along.

I like 6/8. I like wedges. I like Revisors, they are Hollow enough for me. I tried to get another Revisor a week ago, but due to the Covid, they are not shipping to US. Hope they are shipping the other way as you strive to fill your 7D set.

-Mel

but due to the Covid, they are not shipping to US.
Indeed they rebuffed a three-razor order I tried to place with them. I had previously purchased a nice 7/8 from them and it came by boat and took a few months. It's a pandemic; I was fine with that. I fully expected the same for this order but they may have gotten enough complaints or "where's my razor?" inquiries that they decided it wasn't worth it. I was going to ask if they could use FedEx vs Duestche Post but decided I'd just spend the money elsewhere. That package arrives Monday :p

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I bought my 6-0035 "used" through eBay (Australia). After paying, I contacted the vendor and asked why he was selling it. His reply was that he has been SR shaving for a couple of years and found the 6-0035 too big for his liking. Each to their own. I prefer larger type SR's.

The razor is now in Brisbane (from Melbourne) on its way to Far North Queensland, where I am currently.

Here are some pics of the actual SR supplied by the vendor:
s-l400.jpg
s-l400(1).jpg

s-l400(4).jpg
s-l400(3).jpg
s-l400(2).jpg
It looks exactly like the pic on the Revisor site except the the one I am receiving has a third pin in the scales.

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I like 6/8. I like wedges. I like Revisors, they are Hollow enough for me. I tried to get another Revisor a week ago, but due to the Covid, they are not shipping to US. Hope they are shipping the other way as you strive to fill your 7D set.

-Mel
I already have four M7DS's (after giving my Japanese set to my little brother). I am hoping that this 6-0035 does not tempt me into putting together yet another M7DS.

I bought my 6-0035 "used" through eBay (Australia). After paying, I contacted the vendor and asked why he was selling it. His reply was that he has been SR shaving for a couple of years and found the 6-0035 too big for his liking. Each to their own. I prefer larger type SR's.

The razor is now in Brisbane (from Melbourne) on its way to Far North Queensland, where I am currently.

Here are some pics of the actual SR supplied by the vendor:
It looks exactly like the pic on the Revisor site except the the one I am receiving has a third pin in the scales.

I'd be highly surprised if you are nothing but extremely pleased with the razor. I have an older small Revisor......nice steel.

camo

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I was communicating with the vendor of the Revisor 6-0035. He informed me that he has about 2 years SR shaving experience and honed the SR before shipping it to me.

When I receive the 6-0035, the first thing I did was give the edge a Sharpy pen test. The bevel looked well set. The edge tree-topped at about 6mm (¼" for @Slash McCoy), good but not the best for me. As is, I shaved with this SR yesterday. It shaved well but could have been better and was not up to performing a fool's pass.

This morning I put the 6-0035 through a 0.5um, 0.25um and 0.1um diamond pasted balsa strop progression. This further improved the edge and the subsequent shave was up to standard, including a reasonably good fool's pass. After the shave, the edge got my normal maintenance of 50 laps on a 0.1um diamond pasted hanging balsa strop.

Tomorrow I will shave with the 6-0035 again to ensure that all is well. After that, I will shave a couple of times with my best SR, a Titan 1918 ACRO T.H.70. This will then allow me to compare.

Last edited:
Top Bottom