What's new

My review of TOBS Peppermint Shaving Cream.

Amazing cream. About double the menthol of any tube menthol cream. Beats anything I've used in a tube. Loads up on a damp brush in 3 secs so don't add any water.

You're gonna love it. Guaranteed. It'll have a nice peppermint scent and menthol kick. I'll never use a tallow-based soap gain.
I'll use it with a my Lavender DR Harris soaps in a super lather since the soap is very slick and the lavender scent combines well with mint.

Have gents ever compared TOBS Peppermint with Cyril R. Salter Fresh Mint?
As far as I know, DR Harris does not make cream with peppermint scent.
What a pity.

I mentioned in 2021 that I like TOBS Peppermint. And while I still do, I think I'm morphing away from intense peppermint and moving more toward lighter peppermint.

As an example, I like the Kiss My Face Mint I buy at Whole Foods or Amazon. I would consider this a lighter mint, where I'm getting the aroma but not jumping out of my skin when I rinse my face with cold water at the end of the shave, which happens with the TOBS. The price on KMF is also very attractive. So when the TOBS tub is done, I won't replace it.

Your review pushed my sample forward in my rotation. A really nice shave. Great lather from the TOBS products, and the fresh, cooling sensation of the peppermint stuck around for a while. An ideal selection for warm days, indeed!

Saturday evening shave. Feeling refreshed!
IMG_3515.jpg

Top Bottom