What's new

My review of TOBS Peppermint Shaving Cream.

In other post I have mentioned how much I like TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream. I have now tried the Peppermint 3 times now. I love it! It has a very strong peppermint smell to it. Very cooling to the face. Great for shaves here in Florida. Really nice lather and slickness. Great post shave feel. In my opinion the scent does not have a menthol type of scent. Just peppermint. It does have peppermint oil in the ingredients. It pairs well with Aqua Velva Classic. Especially since I keep mine in the fridge. I almost froze my face off! To bad it does not taste like mint......No, I didn't try it. But I accidently got some in my mouth. If highly recommend this shaving cream.

thx for nice report!
will have to try TOBS peppermint sometime!
but i can concur with the nice effect of chilled AV!
try it frozen in ice!!

aqua velva on ice-D8C_1790edit.jpg

I have half a tub of it, and use it from time to time. Maybe this Sunday I'll whip up some lather from it. And hit my face and throat afterward with the Proraso Green AS. Ought to be nicely cooling.

Thanks for the report. My first, and only, experience with peppermint shaving cream was an AOS Peppermint that I bought on super sale at Marshall's. I was surprised that I really liked the scent. I still use it although I'm not a fan of AOS creams generally because of lack of performance. But I was looking for a peppermint alternative, and love TOBS creams. I'll definitely pick up a tub.

I've used the TOBS Peppermint a few times now and really like it. The utilitarian nature of it is as good as all the other TOBS creams. It's the scent that I'm really digging. As I mentioned above, the AOS Peppermint turned me on to trying other peppermint creams, so the TOBS is my "other" peppermint. I think I'll go on the hunt for a couple of other options too, as I don't mind using that scent often in the rotation.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Anyone know how TOBS peppermint compares to AOS peppermint?

I haven’t seen it mentioned, but Myrsol Formula K (peppermint) should pair perfectly with peppermint creams.

Anyone know how TOBS peppermint compares to AOS peppermint?

I haven’t seen it mentioned, but Myrsol Formula K (peppermint) should pair perfectly with peppermint creams.
Both wonderful. My favorite by a bit is TOBS. AOS will have a more consistent text. Sometimes TOBS gets a little stiff but it still works great. I like the TOBS scent better.

based on all the talk above, i succumbed and ordered a tub! shaved this morning; very nice TOBS cream; i'd say performance is comparably great as AOS. to my nose, scent is a little milder and not quite as 'sweet', fwiw. but, the TOBS is in continuing production while the AOS is done and gone.

proxy.php

Top Bottom