What's new

My review of TOBS Cedarwood Shave Cream

So I am a fan of TOBS Sandalwood Shave Cream. I finally tried the Cedarwood. I like it, but I like the scent of the Sandalwood better. The performance is the same. Great lather and very smooth shave. I would describe the scent as somewhat "woodsy", with a somewhat sweet perfume and soap smell. Of course smells are a matter of taste. But in my opinion TOBS lathers better and provides the closest and most comfortable shave of the shaving soaps that I have tried so far. I still think Proraso Red has the best sandalwood scent. I might have to try the TOBS Royal Forest. I am really looking for something that smells like pine trees. If anyone has tried it, please let me know what you think. Please note, that I have very hard well water. So it can be difficult to get a decent lather with many soaps. But I have no problem getting a great lather with TOBS. I can't believe that I waited to try TOBS for so long. Anyhow, I bought the 5.3 oz cream. This cream is so soft that you don't have to bloom it. If you have not tried any TOBS soaps, you should. They have several scents to chose from. Have a great day people. :001_smile

So I am a fan of TOBS Sandalwood Shave Cream. I finally tried the Cedarwood. I like it, but I like the scent of the Sandalwood better. The performance is the same. Great lather and very smooth shave. I would describe the scent as somewhat "woodsy", with a somewhat sweet perfume and soap smell. Of course smells are a matter of taste. But in my opinion TOBS lathers better and provides the closest and most comfortable shave of the shaving soaps that I have tried so far. I still think Proraso Red has the best sandalwood scent. I might have to try the TOBS Royal Forest. I am really looking for something that smells like pine trees. If anyone has tried it, please let me know what you think. Please note, that I have very hard well water. So it can be difficult to get a decent lather with many soaps. But I have no problem getting a great lather with TOBS. I can't believe that I waited to try TOBS for so long. Anyhow, I bought the 5.3 oz cream. This cream is so soft that you don't have to bloom it. If you have not tried any TOBS soaps, you should. They have several scents to chose from. Have a great day people. :001_smile
Agreed! Scent is personal preference and I definitely thought Cedarwood was better than Sandalwood but obviously that doesn't mean anything. I personally found the wood scents from TOBS to be a little bit drying compared to the others. Royal Forest doesn't smell like a forest...its supposed to be a creed aventus clone. I haven't used it but I don't think I'd like a cologne scented cream, much prefer simple 1-3 notes.

I’ve used a tub of Royal Forest and the scent bears no resemblance to pine. It is much more like amber, and quite pleasant at that.

Top Bottom