What's new

My review of the Merkur 42001 razor.

Sorry my photos are a little out of focus. I only have a cheap flip phone. Anyhow, a friend gave this to me because he does not like safety razors. This was the first razor that I have used, and I love it. It is a mild razor. It works well with my sensitive skin and tough beard. Right now I am using Wilkinson Sword [German] blades in it. But it does quite well with Feathers. It is a 3 piece, chrome plated razor. The price listed on amazon is $27.72.
The stats are:
Handle length: 2 and 14/16"
Weight:2.4 oz
Blade exposure: 1.5 32" [as measured with a Wilkinson blade]
Blade gap: 1/32"
Some complain about the short handle, but I hold it as shown in the photo. With my pinky on the bottom, I find that I get good control. I think this razor has a nice weight to it. YMMV, but I highly recommend this razor. I get a very close and smooth shave with it.
IMG_0516.jpg
IMG_0518.jpg

This is a good, smooth and comfortable SR, I don't get along with Wilkinson's blades but as usual YMMV so when I use this SR it's with other blades and it works quite well too.

A terribly mild razor that can't give me a BBS even with a Feather blade. I still regret I bought it. The handle though is very nice and I can use it with other heads.

Top Bottom