What's new

My review of the Fine Accoutrements Aftershave Line

I think it's fair to compare it to Stirling, since they're both aftershaves trying to mimic the Aventus cologne, so I feel that's pretty close to its own merits right there. All I can really do is compare aftershaves to other aftershaves.

I think Fine's packaging looks a lot better, but I didn't get much of a scent with Platinum, or any of the other Fine aftershaves I sampled with Maggard's. I just don't really smell anything, other than the faintest of whiffs of something Aventus-like and then a lot of alcohol smell. It has menthol in it too which I don't like very much. Personally I didn't care for it, and I gave these Fine samples a good month to try. I wanted to like it since it gets a lot of buzz around here and youtube shavers as well, but I was underwhelmed. I'm aware I'm in the minority with this opinion, but that was just my experience.

+1 to all of this, especially the menthol part. I bought this because I like the AB soap so much, but alas, I don't like the AS.

Wow. These two reviews sum up my experience with the Fine sampler pack from Maggards almost exactly. I found that in the small sample spray bottles, I could not smell American Blend or Platinum at all. Nothing. Nada. I am quite sure the actual AS products in real bottle sizes are quite good or 100's of reviews on B&B would have to be very wrong. I just did this experiment this week so it is fresh in my mind and so is the puzzle.

I will order a bottle of one of the Fine products and I will wager its great. But the sample sprays : I can't smell them and that's weird.
The Snakebite (which is fragrance free) still had a powerful kick and cool so the samples were not a total loss. I'm going to get me some of that Snakebite . That was a cool experience.

I have the same problem. Mine is a sampler. I mostly just smell alcohol. It does not smell like the fine AB soap.

The AB scent is a little strong for me, so I bought some Everclear and witch hazel, and I cut it by about 50%. It still lasts 5-6 hours, but it's not quite as evident from 20' away. The Italian Citrus isn't quite as strong, and doesn't need to be calmed down much, but I did add some witch hazel for better protection/healing.

I love them without the additives, but with the strong scent, and my skin expecting a little post-shave protection, I've found the additives to really improve the after shave for me.

:a14:

Top Bottom