What's new

My review of Speick Cream

Having used Speick cream for the first time this morning, I must say that I wholeheartedly agree.

Super easy to lather. Protection and glide felt better than Mogno soap, which is high praise. We will see what happens after a week's use each day but it may even dethrone the reigning champion, Cella Extra Extra Bio.

My tastes must have matured. It does not strike me as quite so medicinal as I remember the stick being.

An absolute winner. And a steal to boot.

I am a newbie when it comes to cream, and am curious if there is anything that can compete with this on a dollar-for-dollar basis.
TOBS aloe vera for me is a stunning cream that has superior performance and better post-shave compared to what I call baseline TOBS which like 70% of their lineup falls into. 30% are a little better because they have better extracts or ingredients in their formulations. It's discontinued unfortunately but it'd be a close competitor and I definitely prefer the aloe vera scent over the lavender. You can still find it around though.

TOBS aloe vera for me is a stunning cream that has superior performance and better post-shave compared to what I call baseline TOBS which like 70% of their lineup falls into. 30% are a little better because they have better extracts or ingredients in their formulations. It's discontinued unfortunately but it'd be a close competitor and I definitely prefer the aloe vera scent over the lavender. You can still find it around though.
+1 Not sure why TOBS would discontinue one of their best creams. Maybe didn't sell as well. Who knows? Will have to try Speick, and see how it compares.

+1 Not sure why TOBS would discontinue one of their best creams. Maybe didn't sell as well. Who knows? Will have to try Speick, and see how it compares.
Its probably sales unfortunately. Not a lot of people knew about it from what I could tell. For some reason people really love their 'classic scents' or their wood scents. Ironically, these were often my least enjoyed. Probably a demographic difference haha. Speick is definitely great and can highly recommend if you like TOBS Aloe Vera. The scent is better than TOBS lavender too imo. Not a huge tub and not extremely expensive either so you don't invest too much either way.

Used to be my favorite, until we moved, and I can't get it anymore. For some reason even amazon won't ship this (within the EU), they only ship the "men active" cream. Same for the after shave balm. It is a shame...
But, Cella Aloe tub to the rescue. Excellent cream, and amazon ships it :straight:

One thing I don't get, I have the men active cream and soap too. The scent could not be more different. One is citrusy the other reminds me of earl gray tea. Why would Speick do this? :)

Top Bottom