What's new

My Review of Method Shaving

I don't know, so obviously this is just a shameless attempt to boost my post count,:rolleyes: but my understand was that the paste was distinctly different from english creams. I always understood the heart of method shaving to be Cube + Paste + cutting forms + maybe Cutting Balm for touch up, with the after shave products being much less critical to the "method."

I spent a good part of the evening visiting with Charles tonight. I couldn't begin to put down in words everything we discussed, but I can honestly say I walked away with a better understanding of his system and the full line of HydroLast products to take home and play with. I am looking forward to playing with tomorrow morning when I step up to the sink for some shave action :biggrin:

Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to stash this stuff in the bathroom...

Tye said:
Charles doesn't make money off the 3-T's.

He sure as heck does! :biggrin1: I've been to his store several times (the latest yesterday) and he has a HUGE stock of traditional creams, and sells the dickens out of them. In fact, during the time I was there he had two *walk-in's* that picked up traditional British creams (one was a pot of Trumpers; I don't remember what the other person picked up). He carries Trumpers, Taylors (no T&H but there are several other places in Austin that do), DR Harris, Knize, and I don't know what all-else. The place is a candy store. :drool:

--Mark

As I mentioned in the previous post, I was at Enchante yesterday, meeting with Charles to discuss me doing a video about Method shaving. We agreed on the principles of the video and he's actually quite excited about it. Charles generously donated a full Method shaving outfit (except for brush; we felt that a traditional brush would be better for the video) and began instructing me on its use. Over the next month or so I will be learning Method shaving and meeting with Charles to go over his concepts and techniques, which I will distill down to an introductory video.

--Mark

Randy, as Howard states, the 2 main ingredients to the cube are olive oil and chlorophyll. I have, however, been contemplating the purchase of some Savon de Marseille soap to experiment with. If it doesn't work out in the shave, it is supposed to be an excellent bath soap, and it's only about $14 for 1KG.

Joel, it is interesting that we've ended up with the same result / point of view. I think my favorite part of the cube and English cream mix is when you are at the t/c phase of the shave, you can use some of it that is almost gummy in consistency to clean off those last few stubborn whiskers without risk of irritation.

To any of you guys using the a/s and tonic, do you find yourself going through the tonic at a fairly high rate? I have only been using my current bottle for about 2 weeks and it's almost halfway gone.

Anyway, I had another absolutely beautiful shave this morning using the cube/cream method. Also, I've been using some pure virgin olive oil in conjunction with the a/s products (very small amounts) and my skin feels incredible.

Kyle
Can you explain how to shave with the cube and english creme method. The cube is for keeping the brush from drying out right? wrong?
--------------
Jason

"0-60 in 7 seconds and gets 41 mpg..........toyota echo."

This post by Joel describes/shows what I am talking about. Joel includes the use of paste but it isn't necessary.

You really should email or call CAR. He will be able to answer all of your questions about this product line.

Top Bottom